Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just got some new leather for the armrest lid but I'm having a heck of a time getting the lid off the slide mechanism. The limited threads I found didn't help. There was one that looked promising but the last picture showed the lid already off the slider. And that's the point where I am: trying to separate the lid from the slider. I tried prying and force (maybe not enough force but I am afraid of breaking things). Can someone shed some light on this? I have removed all of the plastic covers on the underside of the lid. Here is the thread which looked promising: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/68-b5-garage/304019-how-remove-b5-5-arm-rest-lid-cover.html The third picture shows where I want to be but I can't get to that point.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in this as well.

And not to threadjack but the one in my new-to-me '03 Wagon slides freely forward and backward, is this normal or are they supposed to "stay" at one position or the other?
Mine doesn't "lock" into position but it does take a bit of pressure to move it back if it's in the forward position. I picture "freely" as barely touching it and it moves.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still at a crossroads for getting the lid off the slide mechanism/hinge. I have been able to pry out just about every staple so 90% of the cover is off now. Should be fun getting the staples which are partially hidden at the back of the cover. I may end up just installing the cover with the lid attached. It would be easier to do that with the lid off, so any input about removing the lid from the slide mechanism/hinge is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the old gray cover off but was not able to separate the lid from the slide mechanism. I did get the new cover installed. Now my shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest cover all match: black with red stitching! Thank you Top Gaiters!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.