Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a blog from a noted VW author who started that this year Passat was well known for fuel leaks leading to fires.

I was aware of the recall for my 2000 2.8 for the exhaust shield, which was done along time ago.

Does anyone know of any other issues that supports this 2002 blog? I don't think the 2002 is much different than the 2000.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I read a blog from a noted VW author who started that this year Passat was well known for fuel leaks leading to fires.

I was aware of the recall for my 2000 2.8 for the exhaust shield, which was done along time ago.

Does anyone know of any other issues that supports this 2002 blog? I don't think the 2002 is much different than the 2000.

Thanks
I'm clueless to that.

·
Registered
2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion
219 Posts

Thanks
4 recalls from NHTSA on the 2002 Passat. Two of them are 'potential' causes of fire.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,102 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but those issues were common from 2002-2005. All minor if you catch them or watch out for them. My 04 leaked fuel at the line held to the firewall, coil pack died, blown water pump.

No sludge, but that is due to poor maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,234 Posts

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
It was an issue on the 1.8T, not the V6.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts

Thanks
Not sure if my 2001.5 would be considered a 2002 but I've never had any issues with the car''s fuel system since I bought it brand new in 2002. The car currently has over 350K km on it and has never leaked any fuel but mine is also a V6.
'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts