Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I'm getting very close now to actually owning a Passat. I'm looking at an ad in a paper from a nearby state and see a 2002 GLS with the premium package - Anyone know what that includes?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome!

I have an '02 GLS 1.8T and I believe the premium package was the moonroof, heated seats, mirrors and spray nozzles. I believe the leather was separate and called a leather package or something similar. Mine has cloth seats, which I believe was in that premium package. Of course that was VW's labels, can't speak for what someone might be labeling packages on a used car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I HAD to buy premium package to get leather seats. Was told one of the premium packages was necessary to get leather. If that is true, and the car you are looking at has leather seats, then like rpaller said:
leather, sunroof, rear window shade, heated front seats, heated washer nozzles.

2002 GLS 1.8T Silverstone Grey.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yep, the leather is an optional, premium package, but I believe the options package they labeled as "premium package" did not include leather which was in an even more extensive package on top of that premium package. Come to think of it, mine also included a homelink visor.

I'll see if I can pull out the window sticker tonight and clarify later.

Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all your help so far. I'm looking at a few different ones - I think at this point my first choice is silverstone with gray leather - The price ranges seem all over the place though.

Keep in mind I'm not interested in modding, so what would you think was a reasonable price for an '02 with say 35K miles certified/not certified?

I'm thinking the neighborhood of $16,500 - $17,500 is reasonable if not a little high.

·
Registered
716 Posts
GimmedaPassat said:
Thanks guys for all your help so far. I'm looking at a few different ones - I think at this point my first choice is silverstone with gray leather - The price ranges seem all over the place though.

Keep in mind I'm not interested in modding, so what would you think was a reasonable price for an '02 with say 35K miles certified/not certified?

I'm thinking the neighborhood of $16,500 - $17,500 is reasonable if not a little high.
Edmunds, Kelly and Blue Book are all available on line and will give you a break down based on location, mileage, equipment, etc. Your posts don't specify engine or transmission. Hard to be exact, but $17,500 sounds maybe a little heavy for an '02 1.8T 5 spd with leather and 35K.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks...I've been a lurker for a while, registered once before but had something wrong with my ID so I tried again! :)

I've wanted a Passat for about 7 years and was finally able to get rid of my Ford Contour and step into German engineering. This is also my first foreign car and so far i'm enjoying every minute of it! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah - I'm looking for a 1.8T, most likely with the tiptronic. I'm very tempted to go for the 5 speed, but I believe my girlfriend who will likely be my wife in the coming years would not be too thrilled with me then. Also, I'm moving to a more hilly area, so it would get old. It's not out of the question though, of course...

Im currently in a 98 Honda Accord EX-V6 auto... and I've just become very tired of its boring practicality and very uninvolving drive. I hope I don't miss its rock solid reliability too much - but I'm willing to deal with minor things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With tip I think you'll have a similar price range, maybe even cheaper because they seem to be more popular (at least here) So far I have had no real issues, a flashing CEL 1 time, and a burned out headlight. Nothing else to speak of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.