Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobile mavens....just got back from a local stereo shop. I was trying to add an aux-in to my double din monsoon hu via the cd changer input, but apparently, my hu does not have an input for a cd changer.

There is wiring for a cd changer in the trunk, but apparently the wires just end.

Has anyone heard of this, or are me and my audio shop missing something?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think they have missed something

See the bottom? There is a white block, and an empty position. That pic shows it empty for a reason - I disconnected my changer port for my blitzsafe adapter.

Mine (empty in pic) was blue, and had a mess of wires which went to the changer. The white one had two lines only in it. So tell the installer to check again.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
what do you mean just end?

did you try hooking up a comatable cd changer to test it :?

also you do know that you have to push the cd button on the stock h/u twice to connect to the changer

very odd...good luck though

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4meezy said:
what do you mean just end?

did you try hooking up a comatable cd changer to test it :?

also you do know that you have to push the cd button on the stock h/u twice to connect to the changer

very odd...good luck though
We did hook up the aux-in to the connector in the trunk and nothing. I hit the cd button 2x to try and get to changer made, and nothing. Haven't tried hooking up a changer, though.

The manual does indicate that there are 2 models of the double din hu, and indicates that chagner controls are only available on one of them.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
navice_13 said:
Anyone else with some ideas on this?
Never heard of it. What year car? (edit: Oops! Your title says 2002)

Perhaps the HU just needs to be recoded to see the changer.

My 2003 works like a champ.

I think in some cars, the connector in the trunk has a cover on it that needs to be removed before use, but you can easily plug in a device without removing it (but it won't work of course).

zjust some ideas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts