Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there newbie here but was wondering wanted an exhaust for me 2001 passat 2.8 4 motion. cant find anyone that makes one would an audi a4 fit my car i have duals all the way back. thanks any help would thankful. Skootz

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
eh...
i don't think that would work. the w8 and v6 are two completely different engines. that exhaust is for the W8 model.

if volkswagen doesn't make one, then you'd need to find a reputable site (verisign signature) or a good metal worker :p

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
Supersprint has an exhaust and even headers. Not sure if the W8 exhuast is any better than stock. The RS6 exhaust has been adapted to a Passat too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i tried supersprint nothing listed i am looking for aftemarket. i thought the a4 was the same car but audi

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
SuperSprint makes headers, resonator section, and the two rear mufflers.
Remus makes rear mufflers - I had those on my 4Motion.
They were 275.00 each, plus 40.00 to ship, 120.00 to get installed.
The SuperSprint was a little over 1,500.00 for the center and rear mufflers.
Headers were 1,006.00?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
For Remus, contact Thewheelexchange.com
I dealt with Adam Hedspith when I bought mine, and again when I bought my RS4 replica wheels. He's really good to work with.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a Brullen cat-back exhaust for my 4MOTION.

As much as I like it, I might actually be interested in parting with it. If you're along the I-95 corridor between DC and NYC and would be interested, shoot me a PM.

Andy

Dibs!!! PM Sent bro on your exhaust :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Exhaust components for the B5 and B5.5 are interchangable, as long as they are same engine/drive combination.
4Motion can vary if it's sedan(limo) or variant(wagon).
VW parts confirmed that OEM part #'s are the same for V6 4Motion for 1998 thru 2003 (I say 2003, because that is what I had when I got Remus).
Also - it looks like "AJ" had a custom job done on the lower valance as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts