Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car almost a year ago, and don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think it is time for something new. I picked it up originally for $1500 because of the check engine light for secondary air injection and a fairly large dent in the rear quarter panel. I have fixed the dent in the quarter panel and gotten rid of the secondary air injection light. The car, as far as I know, is in tip-top condition. How much should I ask for it? $2000? less? more?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the car almost a year ago, and don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think it is time for something new. I picked it up originally for $1500 because of the check engine light for secondary air injection and a fairly large dent in the rear quarter panel. I have fixed the dent in the quarter panel and gotten rid of the secondary air injection light. The car, as far as I know, is in tip-top condition. How much should I ask for it? $2000? less? more?
Sorry, forgot the obvious. 148,900 miles, cloth seats, unknown service history. Tires are brand new, brakes have about 75% left.
Here are some pics. The headlights are polished, but there is a bad glare.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Around here in Boulder, CO I think you could get $2500 for it, assuming the timing belt has been done recently. If it hastn't, take $800 off since that is the going rate +/- for that service and it is not optional. If nothing else, not knowing when the last TB job was done will give a buyer some great negotiating leverage. Otherwise, I think the car looks great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Around here in Boulder, CO I think you could get $2500 for it, assuming the timing belt has been done recently. If it hastn't, take $800 off since that is the going rate +/- for that service and it is not optional. If nothing else, not knowing when the last TB job was done will give a buyer some great negotiating leverage. Otherwise, I think the car looks great.
That is great news to hear fo. From the day I got the car I started doing little things to get it back to almost as good as new and its nice to know it's paid off.
The timing belt is actually the only service I have record of. It was done at 126k. How often are you supposed to replace them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts