Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001.5 passat sometimes when I take off engine misses. When I check it the coil is loose. Coil number 2 is the one that comes off. Im going to switch coils and see if the same coil does the same thing. Has anybody had this problem? please help. Whats a B5 consist off .I see B5 is that a certain passat. is it the body style.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
2001.5 - 2005 is a "B5.5", 1998 - 2001 (early) is a B5. "B5" refers to the "B" platform used by VW and it is the 5th generation of the Passat.

The easiest way to tell - the B5.5 has the two round circles on the taillights, and chrome trim around the windows. The B5 does not.

Not sure why the coil pops up. I noticed when I changed my plugs that sometimes the coil pack wound seat all the way in the hole, as it was a pretty snug fit. Thats all I can think of, although I know others have had the issue as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had the same problem once, different cylinder. Turns out I did not torque the spark plug properly in that cylinder, the after a while the blow-by from the base of the plug would create pressure enough to push the coil up off the plug. Check the plug torque.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks ,anybody knows of good sparkplug, my is a 2001.5 which means
its b5 or b5.5 ? love my car but scared to run it hard do to the coil.does anybody know if its safe to run denso iridium spark plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts