Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find info about the motor in my 2001 passat. On the flange at the front of the valve cover it is stamped AUG. Im assuming this is the engine ID code but I can never find anything when I do a search. It always comes back as a tranny. Is there any difference in the PCV system on this motor then a AEB or AWM motor?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a complete diagram of the PCV system anywhere? How come some people are replacing 2 or 3 items and others are replacing like 10-12?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well for our AUG, this the main "PCV" valve is 035-103-245-A and the housing for it is 06A-103-247, then the hose from the top of the oil filter to the housing where the valve sits is 06A-103-213-F. The "Pressure relief valve" which is under the air intake to the airbox is 034-129-101-B but is just a piece of plastic which can be cleaned rather than replaced if you wish. In the 2 years I've owned the passat this is what i've learned is our "PCV system" I'm not sure what else you need to know. The only diagram I've come to see is located here: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171235

1 - 5 of 5 Posts