Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The molding strip of my passenger door - the top piece of the interior trim that borders the top of the windo - has lost it's willingness to stay put. Has anybody fixed this themselves?

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
stay put as in how - attached to the interior door panel, or attached pressed down at the top of the door?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
bergi said:
The molding strip of my passenger door - the top piece of the interior trim that borders the top of the windo - has lost it's willingness to stay put. Has anybody fixed this themselves?
My '98 did this two years ago, so you're right on schedule! I got some adhesive at the auto parts store, but I'm pretty sure it was just contact cement in a smaller tube. Apply it thinly to both sides and let it tack (not fully dry). Press in place and keep pushing until it stays. You may as well pull the others off. They'll fall soon too.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I love this forum

I had this same thing happen to me the other day , first HOT day here in the dirty dirty, forgot to put a crack in my window for heat dissipation and BAM, door trim a saggin'. So.... I merely jumped on here , used the S E A R C H feature BEFORE posting and VIOLA! solution found, now time to get crackin on the fix.
although I probably would have come up with this same solution on my own its real nice to have a second and third opinion to back up your own intuition,nice.

Thanks once again P-World

~les

1 - 6 of 6 Posts