Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this 2000 Passat GLS a few months ago and thought I would ask for your opinions on what to do I have a few ideas. I put on clear corner lenses, clear tail lights, badgeless grill, short antenna and sub enclosure. If you have any ideas for me feel free to speak ur mind.

it was dark when I took these pics.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Not a fan of the tail lights, look too ricey.... but thats my opinion.

Anyways, you should get some new shocks and springs to lower it about 1.5" then throw on some 18" wheels of your choice.

Also, do you have HID's? b/c that last pic, your headlights look very bright.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a fan of the tail lights, look too ricey.... but thats my opinion.

Anyways, you should get some new shocks and springs to lower it about 1.5" then throw on some 18" wheels of your choice.

Also, do you have HID's? b/c that last pic, your headlights look very bright.
No they are just Hyper Whites, im thinking about some halo lenses soon but not pos on that. I am thinking about putting my stock lenses back on for the tail lights but was looking into getting them tinted.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
looks great except for the tails. Maybe get them tinted by Johnstintedtails. what are those two spot by your drivers side headlights? just from the flash on the camera or something?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks great except for the tails. Maybe get them tinted by Johnstintedtails. what are those two spot by your drivers side headlights? just from the flash on the camera or something?
That is from the retarted person who had the car before me, I am guessing they hit something and had someone paint it and the painter used the wrong paint so when the bumper flex's the paint comes right off :banghead: . There is no sense in getting it fixed since I want to get a new bumper or body kit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The car looks nice and clean. I would say put the OE tails back. My .02. As far as future mods I would drop it with either H&R springs with Bilstien shocks or the Eibach Kit as well as get some nice 18 inch wheels because you live in Florida you can probably run those all year round. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
nice looking car... i'm not really a fan of the tail lights though:(, i must say that they do look good at night lit up!!:thumbup:

Looking good:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
not a fan of the tails. also, either fill the spot on the rear deck lid where the emblem goes, or put it back on. it just doesn't look right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not a fan of the tails. also, either fill the spot on the rear deck lid where the emblem goes, or put it back on. it just doesn't look right.
I am going to be putting on the black vw badge where the gold one was. dont like the gold.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
That is from the retarted person who had the car before me, I am guessing they hit something and had someone paint it and the painter used the wrong paint so when the bumper flex's the paint comes right off :banghead: . There is no sense in getting it fixed since I want to get a new bumper or body kit.
im glad to hear your fixing it up. Cant wait to see it develop :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hopefully in about 3-4 weeks it will be diff, workin on a few things. Really depends on money. how much does it cost to get tail lights tinted?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts