Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Norwegian Passat running on 20" with the "correct" wheel dimension, 225/30-20. The rims are 8,5x20" Niche:

As soon as I get the pictures I will post pictures of another Passat running on 20" OZ Opera with the same tires :wink:

·
Registered
280 Posts
NICE knock it if ya want but it looks good to me.........just goes to show that you can take the car either way touring sedan,,,,,,,,or ,,,,,,,,,

[]D[][]\/[][]D

its pimp if ya cant see it

·
Registered
745 Posts
ok. opinions are opinions and to each its own but i cant resist. Those are the ugliest rims I have ever seen in a passat. NOT cuz they are blings (and i dont really like blings but seen some that are ok) but cuz they are just ugly rims. IMO.
If that person wants to be a PIMP then he should get a Caddy or so, a real pimp cruiser. I am still waiting for a post that says "first passat to run on 26" spinners"

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I think people need to chill out on they way they respond to a fellow Club member :suspicio: . Baldrick is from Norway not Savannah, or Oklahoma. The guy does what he likes to his car and it's too please him... not you. I think what he did for his wheels is cool if that's what he likes. It's not my personal cup of tea but everyone has different tastes. Just try to respect all the club members and their tastes. Props to Norway. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I agree with SeattleReign on this one, my choice would of been nowhere near this for my :b5: but it is, after all, his car and a fellows :b5: er. Much props to you Baldrick for doing what you want with your car :thumbup: , Good luck with it and be carefull with potholes :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Next time give a warning to put on my sunglasses
Now that Im blind....That sure is a good way to ruin a nice ride :puke:
Here are the spinner shoes to go with the rims

·
Registered
745 Posts
SeattleReign said:
I think people need to chill out on they way they respond to a fellow Club member :suspicio: . Baldrick is from Norway not Savannah, or Oklahoma. The guy does what he likes to his car and it's too please him... not you. I think what he did for his wheels is cool if that's what he likes. It's not my personal cup of tea but everyone has different tastes. Just try to respect all the club members and their tastes. Props to Norway. :thumbup:
oh props to norway but that has nothing to do with the choice of rims. As i over stated, IMO (in my opinion) those are the ugliest rims I have ever seen but yeah to each its own. If he likes it thats cool with me but i seriously dont like it. And about the comment about him not being from savannah.. Let me tell you something bro, i would be less surprised if i saw someone put dubs of a VW in Norway than in Savannah. There are ppl here with 20" blings in the stupidest smallest cars. Now in europe i have never seen such thing.
But once again, if he likes it and makes him happy then props to him

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car isn't mine, and I agree, the rims are ugyl :D BTW: There were a Passat running on 20" Antera a few years ago, but it had too big tires, 245/35-20.

BUT, this one is NOT ugly at all, 20" OZ Opera!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
r3awak3n said:
SeattleReign said:
oh props to norway but that has nothing to do with the choice of rims. As i over stated, IMO (in my opinion) those are the ugliest rims I have ever seen but yeah to each its own. If he likes it thats cool with me but i seriously dont like it. And about the comment about him not being from savannah.. Let me tell you something bro, i would be less surprised if i saw someone put dubs of a VW in Norway than in Savannah. There are ppl here with 20" blings in the stupidest smallest cars. Now in europe i have never seen such thing.
But once again, if he likes it and makes him happy then props to him
First of all my props to Norway HAD nothing to do with the rims, and yes, you did seem to over state your opinion about your complete dislike of the rims shown. My point was that everyone likes what they like, and although it may not be what you like, that's still fine. I think that there is a point where expressing an opinion about someone’s ride is fine... as long as it's not over the top insulting. The old saying "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all", comes to mind. If you were in front of the person whose car you were discussing I would hope that you would consider their feelings when speaking of their car, not outright lay into something about it that completely discusses you... it's just not polite. Personally I think that type of bling is too much, that's my opinion, but I respect the person for doing what they want to their car. Club B5 is supposed to be a place where people can show what they've done and even if it's not to the liking of many others, those people don't shoot each others ideas or mods down. That's what separates Club B5 from other VW sites or Audi for that matter. I'm not trying to get in an argument with you, I just wanted to point out to everyone that was :puke: on his ride (or apparently just a picture he took) that there are other ways to voice opinions constructively.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i didnt do :puke: . I dont use that cuz i am tired of sein ppl used is and then dont say anything else. I said that they are ugly IMO... And I would tell someone if i dont like their rims u know, its just my opinion. I know no one asked for one and i dont usually comment if i dont like but i just think that those rims are really really ugly and couldnt stop saying it. If he likes the rims I am more than happy. If you think my rims and ugly, tell me and i dont really care. They are mine u know. I am not gonna start an argument with u either for such a small thing. I dont like them and i just expressed myself (i dont think i was unpolite since i said that its only my opinion)...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
33 Participants
r3awak3n
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing