Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I hope you can help.
1) After driving my Passat for 53K miles on the highway, the windshield is showing it's wear with very tiny pitting all over from road debris, sand, etc. From inside the car, it looks like glitter when you look out toward direct sunlight. Does anyone have any advice for a winshield polish or the like to minimize the appearance of windshield glass imperfections? Also, none of this damage is so big that you can feel it by hand on the outside.
2) Second question is this. I'm about to get APR'd, and maybe an FK exhaust. Yesterday I was stopped behind a pretty nice Lexus IS300 that had one of those big turn-up style mufflers out the back. Light turns green, and the car sounded crappy, like it was sputtering, and I saw smoke coming out the pipe. I've seen numerous blinged cars that smoke with these type mufflers, and have seen soot on the rear bumpers of some. Is this a product of the chips, exhaust, improper air-fuel ratio, or what? If I try to give my Passat some soul, can I expect the same? These are fairly newer vehicles that I see this on, mainly civics, cavaliers, etc. Haven't really seen a modded european car do it. Any input, or things to stay away from? Thanks. Joe.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My windshield is also pitted as you described. RainX helps alittle bit in certain sun light conditions, but does not provide a "cure". I would also be interested if someone knows a product that can improve the condition.

Regards, Ray

·
0 Posts
No that exhaust stain is usually from running the exhaust to close to body or running straight exhaust. I wouldnt worry about that happening to you! "Oh and smoke thats never good"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
20vvillian
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing