Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a bit of a n00b ? so please forgive me...

If i turn my headlights on (position 3-all on) and i do 1 pull, my inner lights (high beams) go on in low power (kind of a low beam version of the highs) right? Is there a way to have this happen when i'm in position 2 (just parking lights)? I have my relay 173 pulled but it'd be nice sometimes to run with the inner lights on in a low setting...

Also any-1 have the link to doing the rear fog install? I already have the rear-brake light mod done....i'd like to add the rear fog to say hello to fellow dubbers behind me when the flash :wink:

Thanx for bearing with me....

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm guessing you have a 1998 or a 1999.

It sounds like you are describing the integrated fog light when you do one pull in position 3.

As far as I know, 1998's and 1999's cannot run the fogs in position 2 :sad:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
MrJackalope,

Do you or do you not have the Euroswitch?

On mine I have the following positions for my 2000 GLS:

1 - Off
2 - Parking lights
1st pull - Fogs (lower power high beams, like you said)
2nd pull - Rear Fog (if wired)
3 - Headlights

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Jackalope- You have to power up the fogs by using the power off of your pulled relay. It sounds so much harder than it looks. Bascialy, you take a wire, one end on your fog fuse relay, and the other end on the middle conector from your puled relay. I need to find the thread I posted a picture showing this..

·
Registered
364 Posts
chrisyoon said:
Jackalope- You have to power up the fogs by using the power off of your pulled relay. It sounds so much harder than it looks. Bascialy, you take a wire, one end on your fog fuse relay, and the other end on the middle conector from your puled relay. I need to find the thread I posted a picture showing this..
heres a pic

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coloradob5 said:
MrJackalope,

Do you or do you not have the Euroswitch?

On mine I have the following positions for my 2000 GLS:

1 - Off
2 - Parking lights
3 - Headlights
Yes i do have a euro switch....and ye i do have a 99-passat....sorry for not posting that earlier...

And thanx chris! that's exactly what i'm looking for....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts