Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
New problem. The engine idles great and at high rpms runs great but there is a hesitation and revving in between. Code reader says throttle body malfunctioning. I cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I also looked to see if about getting a new throttle body but can't find the same one with two large brass fittings. What do I do?

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,547 Posts
New problem. The engine idles great and at high rpms runs great but there is a hesitation and revving in between. Code reader says throttle body malfunctioning. I cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I also looked to see if about getting a new throttle body but can't find the same one with two large brass fittings. What do I do?
Have you aligned the TB? You can do so by keeping driver, passenger, and hood open and turn the key on (but not start the engine) for 60 seconds.

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,547 Posts
Did not work
I haven't read all the posts above but I assume you have taken out the TB and decarbonized it totally. If you have completely cleaned it up and it's not working then either the electronic module controlling it is not working or the TB unit itself is shot and needs to be replaced.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts