Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1999 VW Passat V6 vin D

2K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  lgelwick 
#1 ·
I have a 99 VW passat I had to replace the Comfort Control Module. It was filled with water and well destroyed it along with the pigtails I was able to to get new pigtails and a new CCM and was able to connect all the wires to new pigtails except for one wire. I am hoping someone has the wiring diagram of the CCM along with the wire coloring. Please Help!!!!

#2 ·
Please make sure you post in the correct forum per the sticky threads in the new members area, which you were supposed to read over and post there first. I moved this to the correct forum, the B5 area.

What color was the extra wire?

#4 ·
Per Bentley schematic 29/17, there is a red/yellow (red with yellow stripe) wire, 1.5 mm2 (about 14 AWG), on pin 12 of the CCM. It is the power feed from fuse S144, 15 amps; the fuse in on the 8-fold relay panel, not in the main fuse box.
FYI, the red/black wire on pin 15 is the power from fuse S111, also 15 amps, also on the 8-fold relay panel.
This assumes the care was made from August 1998 on.

#9 ·
I don't have a diagram, but there are probably numbers molded in to the connector, if only in the four corners. It will be numbered either across-then-down or down-then-across, but you can figure that out from the four numbers. Also look at the mating connector in the CCM--the numbers may be easier to see there.

Alternately, search the forum for photos of the CCM connector and play match the colors. Also, in Post #4, I give the colors for pins 12 & 15, so you may be able to deduce it from there.

If all else fails, take a picture of your connector and I can compare it to the schematic.

#13 ·
Bentley schematic 29/17 shows three 0.5 mm2 wires from the 15-pin CCM connector to the Red 10-pin connector at the A-pillar (beside drivers left foot). I'll list all three here for ease of location:
15-pin CCM 10-pin Red Wire Color
Pin 8 Pin 1 Yellow/Red
Pin 9 Pin 2 Yellow/Green
Pin 2 Pin 2 Yellow/Brown

The odd thing is the schematic just stops at that connector, as if nothing connects to the other side. I believe the mating connector goes to the roof wiring harness, but I can't think of what the wires might be for. Maybe something not present on US cars.

Check the mating connector and see if there are wires there. If not, you can just cut and insulate.

#16 ·
Bentley schematic 29/17 shows three 0.5 mm2 wires from the 15-pin CCM connector to the Red 10-pin connector at the A-pillar (beside drivers left foot)<snip>
PZ (post #14) made me look, which found an error in Bentley.
Schematic 29 says the connector is red.
Schematic 51 says red on 51/17 but green on 51/18.
Schematic 82 says green everywhere.
The connector list on page W 97-3 says left A-pillar connector 3 (top right) from Floor to Roof harness is red.

I wouldn't be surprised if it changed somewhere along the way. I'd be only slightly more surprised if it were light blue.

#20 ·
#21 ·
New problem. The engine idles great and at high rpms runs great but there is a hesitation and revving in between. Code reader says throttle body malfunctioning. I cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I also looked to see if about getting a new throttle body but can't find the same one with two large brass fittings. What do I do?

#25 ·
I haven't read all the posts above but I assume you have taken out the TB and decarbonized it totally. If you have completely cleaned it up and it's not working then either the electronic module controlling it is not working or the TB unit itself is shot and needs to be replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.