Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a credit union and we just repoed one. It's in near showroom condion, mileage unknown at this point. Low BB value is around $30k and high around $50k according to the collections department. I'm thinking of offering $25k and see if they bite. But other than knoing that they handle well, are pretty quick and gorgeous, I know nothing about htem. Educate me!

Edit: I had the year wrong, it's a 1999!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That right there is one of my all time favorite cars :thumbup:
It's most likely the S4 I think the S4S came out around 93' or so.
Please get some shots of this car! And if you do end up getting it can I have a ride, please!!! :lol:
I know the gear box is nothing speical it's renault based if I remember correctly and it's a weee bit primative, notchy and just a not so great feel all around. The wings can make seeing out the back a little tough.
If you can snag that car!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
87Aero said:
Please get some shots of this car!
You asked for it. I just got them from the collections department. 56K beware:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, according to the window sticker, it's a V8, look closely at the fisrt pic , it says Esprit V8. So, anybody care to guess what it's worth?

·
Registered
49 Posts
One day maybe I'll get as close to one as you have
Being that it's a V8 even better, jump on that!
Thanks for the pics :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Several people over on 'tex have helped confirm that there is a very good chance that is a V8 Espirit.

That car is 100% pure sex on wheels. :bow:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
V8, OZ Racing wheels, virtually flawless except for the broken lip! :thumbup:

Why aren't you the owner yet? :suspicio:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why? The Credit Union doesn't have the title yet. Of course I want to check it out in person too. ;) And, I've confirmed, it's a 1999 V8 Esprit. Looks like the owner added the lower valance from a FD RX-7 R1 and destoyed it over a speed bump...

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Kelley Blue Book doesn't list this model year, but this is what I gathered so far:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=3195&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0&trimid=1682#trimsel

Pricing
Esprit V8
Kelley Blue Book Price N/A
Original Retail Price (MSRP) $84,125
Original Invoice Price N/A
Engines & Power (more)
Esprit V8
Standard Engine 3.6L 350 hp V8
Horsepower 350 @ 6500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 295 @ 4250 RPM

With 350hp for that little car, I am pretty certain that it will beat even a chipped Passat :wink: . Hope you can snag that yellow beaut for a song.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I prequalified for a loan on the Esprit. Next step is a personal inspection then a pre-purhase inspection at the local British & Itialian specialty shop. Then ,if all goes well, I will make a low ball offer and they will accept just to get rid of it. They admit they are going to loose their asses on it anyway, so it may as well go to an employee. :) I'll keep everyone informed....

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
I love it! :heart: Buy it! :thumbup: I've always loved Esprits.

Just make sure to see how much the driver-side front lip is going to be to replace! :weirdo: Oh, and that's the stock lip, not off an RX-7. And depending on mileage, a '99 would probably go for high-40's right now. I look at them all the time online. 8)

BTW, Can I come to VA and visit? :lol: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? :bow:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Damn. That is one hot car. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Love the color too. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Yep ... if you do ended up getting this car for sub $30K, then lucky bastard you :p , and if it turns out to be too much of an up keep, then turn around and ebay it for a profit :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts