Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19" WHEELS ADDED, NEED HELP DROPIN MY RIDE???????.......

:shock: HELP ME!!!!!!...Just added 19" wheels to my 2003 VW Passat 1.8T. Need help finding lowering springs. The lowest I have been able to find is H&R at 1.7 front and 1.5 in the rear. I have a 3.25" gap I need to close. I don't wanna cut the springs and the coilovers I found only offer 1.3 in the rear. I want an even drop! Any ideas????.....

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
IIRC KW Coils drop alot more then any springs, Take a look at thoose the KW V1's or V2's.
Not sure the exact drop, but Scuba2001 has the V1's take a look at his profile in the East section to look at his drop :thumbup:
Here is a pic of his front,

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Vogtland springs have a nice even drop...over 2 inches
Here are two cars w/them...they will tuck the tires
TexMex on 19's...

Mine on 18's...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here is a better side shot of the vogs'...w/coilovers you CAN get it lower than this though

spdracer50 said:
Where can I get the Vogtland springs from? It looks like it would be the best solution...!
www.pure-motorsport.com
they had a special of 15% off a while back on vogtland springs and koni shocks w/free shipping...check and see if they have it still 8)
both those cars have koni's as well as the vogtlands
Ask for Mike who runs the place and he will help you out and is a C :b5: member[/img]

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here is what the box says:

I had a 3" gap all around and the vogs' dropped it 2.25" all around. I don't think that the turning of the koni's had anything to do w/it bcause the other car pictured doesn't have them turned as much in the back as mine and has the same drop in the back as well as the front. In the next pics, the first 2 are of the front and the other 2 the back...I can only put one finger between the top of the tire and the fender and it is touching both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts