Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Enkei MM2's but I have a question about how they might fit. They are 18 x 7.5 with a 38mm offset, I think. Would these fit nice or would they stick in or out too far. I've searched for answers on offsets, but i'm still not too clear on it. Also, is 7.5 not a good choice for a passat? Here is the link to the rims... http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?step=details&productType=WHEEL&source=vehicle&index=18&productCodeIndex=68256

One last thing, i'm arranging for b5bel to install H&R Sports and Grooved Bilsteins this saturday, so I just want to know if these rims would be a nice fit with the new suspension. Thanks in advance.

2000 1.8T 5-speed Silver

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Enkei MM2

I did some more searching and this is what I came up with so far. A 38mm off set would push the tires out further than the stock offset, but 3mm less than a 35mm offset would. At least let me know if I'm on the right path.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I know that a 45mm offset is exceptable if you are running a 7.5 inch wide tire, so a 38mm offset won't bee a problem. I know that the stock wheel width is 7.5 inches and therefore you should probably stick with that width. But i know a lot of people here are running 8 inch tires, but i know some of them have problems with rubbing, so they had to roll their fenders.

THESE RIMS LOOK AWESOME. you have good taste in wheels, i would love to see these on your car. What colour is your B5 or B5.5?

-merk20vt-

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the reply. My B5 is silver and I've always liked the silver and gun metal wheel look. I originally was thinking 19's, which I still want, but these 18's look good and they are way cheaper than 19's. I'll post some pics if and when I get these.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The 19's would look really nice, how are your roads though? I hear about people damaging them often.

silver on gunmetal would look nice, i especially like the brushed aluminium lip

-merk20vt-

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some roads are good, some are bad. b5bel just installed my suspension, bilsteins and h&r sports (thanks again), and the car is really low now and I think 18's would look just right. Now all I have to do is pull the trigger and buy them!!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts

Euro B5.5 has 19" (though I thought they were 20's) and they are at least 8" wide. I just took a ride in his car the other day and that thing had no rubbing issues, and his drop was 1.5" I believe. Euro has one sweeeet ride I tell you.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Yes he does have a sweeeeeeeeet ride, better then in the pics!!!. I believe they are 8.5 not 8' on 19'!!!. They are impressive!!! and they look great too :bow: ...............Rah........ :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm also thinking about the 19' RS4 Replicas that achtuning has a groupbuy on. I think those would look cool....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts