Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of BBS RCs (it says they fit in the mercedes ML with bolt pattern 5x112 so it should fit the passat right?) my question is would this wheels fit in the passat no problem? i know b5-turbonium fit a 9.5 wheel in the back but his front is only a 8.5 so i was wondering if 17x9 all arround would work?
thx in advance

edit: oh, the offset on this wheels is 32!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
actually I have tried 17x9.5 in front and rear. believe it or not 9.5 with an offset of 30 fits in the front and clear the swing arm by around 10mm. I also did lock to lock turn of the wheel and no inteference with anything, no problems with U-turns at all also. heres a pic of how it looked with 17x9.5 et30 in front and rear:

The tire didnt stick out beyond the fender but keep in mind that I'm only using a 235 on the 9.5" wheel.

I'm pretty sure that you would have no problem running a 17x9 in front as long as the offset is inbetween 30 to 38mm and you dont put any wider then 235 tire on it, because most of the time its not the wheel that causes rubbing, but the size of the tire.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahah, thats sweet! I knew that the 17x9's fit in the rear since you got a 9,5 there but I wasnt sure in the front. It looks good with both of the weels 9,5 but I gotta say that they look better stagered (sp!)...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah but i droped the idea... They were at a pretty good price but I want some wheels with some lip and still thinking about 18s... Deciding which wheels to buy is the hardest thing IMO since there are so many good choices out there!

btw, b5-turbonium, I saw your wheels in a site yesterday, I gotta say i love those wheels but they are quite expensive :D Right now i am looking at some borbets, stagered with a pretty nice deep lip.. :p Damn, ur car got me inspired :shock:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
r3awak3n said:
Deciding which wheels to buy is the hardest thing IMO
you telling me! I went threw 6 sets of wheels before settling down with these :lol: and I'm not threw yet, I've got plans to get something bigger better and of course wider, once money becomes more abundant again. :wink:

btw, I really like how the audi s4 wheels look with the textured moldings, and you can pick them up for cheap. I was thinking about getting a set as beaters.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the S4s look pretty nice indeed (the drop helps too) but I was thinking of something with some lip to it! The other problem is money too, I still gotta lower my car, get a axel fixed (first thing i do when i get back to the states), get new headlights cuz mine are miserable!

I just looked again to the S4 pic above, it does look pretty nice.. very OEM, very nice with the black molding... (I even got the same car color :D)...
Arent S4 replicas like 800 bucks or something? Hum, I dunno for that I can almost get the borbets 17x8,5 and 17x9,5... I am however afraind that they will look too small since I am gonna go with springs and not coils like u.. Choices, choices!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.