Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 passat and am wondering how my car will react to potholes and bad roads with 18's as apposed to 17's.....also i am looking for a new grill for the 2000 that with a painted edge like the b5.5...is there one?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
obvioulsy when you get 18's the chances of bending your rims are higher because less sidewall. If you have bad roads try to consider a 17" wheel/tire combo.

for the grill...i dont know what ya talkin about

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I've also wondered about which size to get. I live in Washington State and the roads can be pretty bad in some areas so I'm not sure if I should invest in 18's. I keep telling myself that I would be happier with the feel and handling of a 17 but I love the bigger size as well. Tough choice for anyone. Good luck with the choices.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The roads in Chicago suck too and I have 18's...haven't had any problems yet BUT, it a chance that we take for nice looking rims.

·
Registered
86 Posts
where do u live?

I live in NY and i never had 18's before and i wish i had set aside some extra cash for rims and tires. The potholes are disgusting normally and now after this winter its out of control. At least i know my car handles well , im dodging potholes on the highway at 60 mph they shits are so big you can see the medal mesh under the concrete lol id have to say every rim i have is bent ive reapired one replaced one and blew 4 tires in lil over a year and i only drive the car like 3-4 times a week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts