Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the sway bar from VW. I failed to ask anyone how difficult it is to install.

Ok so how hard is it to install a 17mm sway bar on my 2001 PAssat 4-Motion w/ tip? BTW, I used the part number from the forums so I know that part is right.

Dang I am stupid.

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed mine the other day on my 1.8T 4Mo. It took about 1/2 hour overall.

You've got 2 bolts at each end and 2 bolts on each of the bushings (you did buy the replacement bushings, right?)

The only small frustration is that I had to unhook the dual mufflers from their support so they could drop enough to give me the clearance required to move the bar in and out.

I had the rear end on jacks to free up the suspension, I don't know if it can be done on ramps I didn't try.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
g2 did it almost only way that exists. Follow his advice I did same with mine, without mufflers you won't be able to put it on place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: 17mm Sway Bar Installation

Grump1961 said:
Thanks for the info. No I didn't buy replacement bushing. Hmmm I guess I need to go back to the parts store.
p/n for the bushing is 3B7-511-327. It is just the rubber insert, you keep the original metal bracket. You need two.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Re: 17mm Sway Bar Installation

g2 said:
Grump1961 said:
Thanks for the info. No I didn't buy replacement bushing. Hmmm I guess I need to go back to the parts store.
p/n for the bushing is 3B7-511-327. It is just the rubber insert, you keep the original metal bracket. You need two.
Or you can opt for aftermarket polyurethan bushing with same size

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.