Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I just got a set of Eibach Pro kit 1.2 " drop that will be installed this next saturday.

Now I am looking for wheels, what do you guys reccomend 17" or 18 " ?

Where I live (San juan PR) we have baddddddd roads,, Currently my passat feels very comfortable.

based on your experiences There is a big difference between 17 and 18 regarding comfort?

Please let me know your sugestions

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
Bad roads, I would vote 16". They will never bend.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i have 18s with neuspeed sport springs and koni, have you to know. i can't go over a empty antifreeze bottle. 03 V6

so go with 17's

·
Banned
8,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd go with 17" as the tires will be cheaper and most likely the 17" rim will weigh less, meaning better gas mileage and better overall handling. But if I saw an 18" rim I really liked, and it did not come in 17", I'd probably go with the 18" one.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Carlos
What did you finally bought? 17" or 18".
I live in the west coast of the island and have 17" in my Passat and 2 wheels had been repaired. If you get the 18", you will definetively will get the wheels bend.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I live in San Juan also and in Isabela and Im gonna go with some 19". I know that the roads ar bad but you just have to be carefull were you go and stuff.

Carlos: What do you have, B5 or B5.5?

Ricardo: Youre car is really nice.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I live in San Juan also and in Isabela and Im gonna go with some 19". I know that the roads ar bad but you just have to be carefull were you go and stuff.

Carlos: What do you have, B5 or B5.5?

Ricardo: Youre car is really nice.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts