Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello B5'ers

As promised, here are some higer resolution speedo shots that I made last week. I will never "legally" be able to do this again unless I return to Germany...

Lets start with a modest 120 miles per hour. This pic was snapped at 10 minutes until 6 AM, traffic was light...

Now let's step it up to 145 miles per hour!

Now the white knuckle factor sets in at 152 miles per hour! Notice this image is a little blurry. I just had to point and snap at that speed... I hoped for the best and this is how it turned out...

Enjoy! :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
V-MANN said:
152 on a stock engine!?!? :thumbup:
uh huh! :D (just kidding) I have GIAC, RS6 exhaust, EVOMS cold air and the ASP lightened crank pulley... But these pics were before the pully was installed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Getting to the waterfest on Sunday morning I was riding in an S4 that was doing about 130 on the NJTPK ... 152 is trully impressive. Who took the pictures? You with one hand while driving with the other?

Alex

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Ausgezeichnet! :thumbup:
Now that's what I call "Fahrvergnugen."

I've driven through the Frankfurter Kreuz (interchange) lots of times, not too far from the airport iirc, glad you were only doing 120mph through there. :)

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Wow :eek: , good shots bro, the fastest i've been in mine was 140 then the governor kicked in :mad: , but 152 :eek: :eek: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbup: . Enjoy the legality of it while you can...... :roll:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Awesome Pics man... Your previous posts mentioned A63. Were you in the area around Mainz and Alzey or were you stationed in 'K' town.

I spent some time in the area in December and February and just loved the feel of 100+ mph runs, when I came back home 75-80mph felt sooo slow.

I come to Portsmouth NH every now and then with the wife to chill. Great town, I'll holler you next time I'm in town....maybe even come up for the GTG...Julian keep me posted.

Welcome stateside.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That is so sweet. Next time, bring someone with you to snap the pictures so you are safe - i think you got lucky this time 8)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.