Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Post up what a 50-60 person facility costs to run in other states for us. Thanks

but another one? cmon...just add to ur other threads

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you love to follow me around, why don't you prove me wrong?

Or are you tired from the ownage you took in the Israel thread?

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Love to follow you around? lol. People responding to your posts....go figure.

You didnt own anyone in the Israel thread.

And I shouldnt have to prove you wrong....you should prove it yourself. Otherwise your thread means nothing, because you arent comparing it to anything.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And I shouldnt have to prove you wrong....you should prove it yourself. Otherwise your thread means nothing, because you arent comparing it to anything.
If you think $10M plus 150 staff to run a facility with 50-60 inmates sounds right to you, than in all honestly, you're likely not smart enough to have a conversation with. Period.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Why are you so upset? Did you read the title of the article? Apparently NJ doesnt think that way either... hence why they are CLOSING it.

Cant you just start a "Why I hate NJ thread" in the OT forum? These are hardly contrversial topics as I am sure everyone agrees that any kind of government overspending is stupid and needs to end.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am upset because this has been going on for years and is VERY indicative of how the entire State, Counties, and Munis are run. And watching the people of our State (myself included) taking it up the ass over and over is very upsetting.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I am upset because this has been going on for years and is VERY indicative of how the entire State, Counties, and Munis are run. And watching the people of our State (myself included) taking it up the ass over and over is very upsetting.

News flash: People all over the country are taking it up the ass from their local governments. Thats why I am looking at a way to get my name on the ballot.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,668 Posts

This is similar to the fantasies that LB has about his posts/replies. It's that self importance factor.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
If you think $10M plus 150 staff to run a facility with 50-60 inmates sounds right to you, than in all honestly, you're likely not smart enough to have a conversation with. Period.
how many prisons or juvenile detention facilities have you run, Pete? until you have some kind of comparison numbers from a similarly-sized facility, I don't think you personally have any frame of reference to make any kind of critical judgement for or against.

even so, looks like NJ is shutting this down, so why does this matter? the "point" you are trying to raise appears to be moot, regardless.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how many prisons or juvenile detention facilities have you run, Pete? until you have some kind of comparison numbers from a similarly-sized facility, I don't think you personally have any frame of reference to make any kind of critical judgement for or against.

even so, looks like NJ is shutting this down, so why does this matter? the "point" you are trying to raise appears to be moot, regardless.

"Nationwide, there is one federal prison staff member to every 4.92 inmates"

Huh, Jay? ;)

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll wait for Jay and andree now... to offer up their excuses now. Seems after you prove certain people wrong around here they tend to pull a Houdini - go figure. ;)

·
Founder of the STFA
8,668 Posts
"Nationwide, there is one federal prison staff member to every 4.92 inmates"

Huh, Jay? ;)
And you don't think the numbers get skewed by larger facilities that have some efficiency for certain functions and smaller facilities that have to maintain certain staff sizes just to remain open?

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And you don't think the numbers get skewed by larger facilities that have some efficiency for certain functions and smaller facilities that have to maintain certain staff sizes just to remain open?
I can agree with as the facility getting larger, the ratio will tighten, but I think you can agree with the fact that letting it get even close to this level is a disgrace.

Wouldn't a business minded person (if you spent tax payer dollars like a business instead of an ATM) see that and look for alternatives?

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
here's something for the mentally lazy to consider that they might not have...

this is a juvenile detention facility. the general rule of thumb that Pete has so graciously cited above probably doesn't apply, but of course normal prison populations HAVE to be part of the equation, even if you are trying to make sure these kids don't become repeat offenders. I'm not an expert in this area, but something tells me the data Pete cites might not apply in this area - but if I had some real data to go on, I might be persuaded otherwise.

but I'll once again say, I think (that means MY OPINION, Pete) the premises under which this was posted are:
1. Pete doing his usual bitching again about the state of NJ and the way they spend taxpayer money (solution - find http://whyIhateNJasataxpayer.org and post this shite there, where they might actually care);
2. Pete trolling as usual, trying to find someone who possibly could agree with him, but arguing vehemently and self-righteously regardless of what is offered as a potential philosophical argument (naw, would never happen...);
3. Pete performing his usual driveby posting technique (but he'll swear this is never the case);
4. Pete showing us why we should close the BH (naw, not enough consideration for others shown in any of his arguments, and Pete would have no other way of interacting with others on this site if it weren't for the BH);
5. This is a moot argument - the state of NJ is closing the facility. who cares, Pete? they're closing the damned place to save money for YOU, the taxpayer. maybe its time to find something else to whine about.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts