Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and that's not all...

A peek at the next six months of my life:

We break ground within three weeks on a major addition on my house; turning my three bedroom, two bath, no garage home into a house with five bedrooms, three baths, an oversized two-car garage (YESSSSSS!!!!!!), and a 10x15 ft front porch. 2900 sq. ft on one floor, plus the porch. Whew! It has to be habitable by the end of June, because....

On June 27th I'm getting married. Immediately following the wedding, we're moving my bride, new step-daughter, dog, cat & lots of stuff into our home that's already occupied by me, my daughter, a cat and lots of stuff.

We were going to honeymoon in Tuscany, but realized that it would be nuts to try and do that immediately after the wedding, so we'll delay that for several months, because....

After our wedding, we have to turn our attention to planning my step-daughter's Bat Mitzvah coming up all-too-soon in October. For those who've attended one, you know that Bat (and Bar) Mitzvah's are sorta like weddings in scope.

If we're still standing after that, we'll honeymoon in the fall -- or maybe after our tenth anniversary. All depends upon our energy level. :wink:

Oh, we're also buying a new car, replacing our furnace, adding a heater for the pool, replacing our ancient washer and dryer, and building a rear deck.

aa, you ain't got nuthin' on us! :wink: :lol:

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Sounds like what my parents did this last summer...new house, complete remodel, new car, new furniture etc, etc, etc. Its gonna be a pain in the ass, but surely worth all of the strees once you get to step back and look at YOUR house when its finished.

:thumbup: Good luck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow. That's a major undertaking. "2900 sq. ft. on one floor", that's what I call a sprewling ranch!

Best of luck and congrats.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sounds like one big happy (and busy) family. Congrats on the upcoming events for you. :)

Kevin

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm not sure whether to say mazel tov or oy gevalt ... !

So I'll just say ... :shock: ... and try not to :drink: too much ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts