·
Registered
1,953 Posts
can the sub be mounted normally? or does it have to mounted in reverse

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it can be normally mounted depending on the sub. I had to invert mine do to the HUGE magnet. What type of sub do you want to mount? Let me know and I will see if I can get my hands on one to do a test fit.

Also, I can switch this over to a 10 which would fit perfect either way. I would just have to make a new ring mount it then recarpet it.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
it doesn't have to be mounted inverted. you can mount an adire brahma in one of these, and it weighs 40 pounds... of course, you'll have to devise a brace and struts inside the box to hold the weight. ;o)
that's what I am going to do.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
a JL 12W6 is a pretty hefty speaker, guys. this box would support the weight of damned near anything you'd want to hang in it, inverted or not.
bump!

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JayTheSnork said:
a JL 12W6 is a pretty hefty speaker, guys. this box would support the weight of damned near anything you'd want to hang in it, inverted or not.
bump!

I built this thing for me and I have OCD when it comes to my car. If you don't believe me, take a look at my profile :D

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I only got a buck twenty in my paypal right now. I'm not trying to low ball you it just happens to be all I got in the account right now. I wont be out of the field for good until thursday so I won't have a chance to add funds to the account till' then. And as a paypal member you know that'll take 3-4 days.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts