Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 99 passat and it currently has a JLW3 12 in it pushed by a 900W Fosgate amp. I don't know if it's the huge trunk or what but it doen't have the deep bass that I would expext from a good 12. I just wanted to see what you guys think should I get another 12 or go down to 10's. Any info would help thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
The enclosure and/or phase of the sub are probably inappropriate. Otherwise, you could get an idmax and call it a day.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The enclosure and/or phase of the sub are probably inappropriate. Otherwise, you could get an idmax and call it a day.
what he said, except the IDMax suggestion. IMO they're not the best sub to use for people that are going to beat on them. a ported IDQ, Arc 12, or Solobaric (yes i know the solo doesn't sound as good) will friggin' hammer and go WAY deep. the solo will also be louder, by a WIDE margin, but it will also use the biggest box.

what type and size is the box the JL is in now?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have two 10" Kicker Comp VR's in a sealed box powered by a Rockford 300W amp and it hits clean and sounds deeper than other more expensive systems I've heard.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in a JL wedge box not ported, and I've been playing with the amp all day. My friend is selling another 12 W3 so I might just pick that up and run dual 12's. If that doesn't satify me I'll go with the kicker's. Thanks for the imput guys!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts