549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's for the self wash bays,touchless wash,and vac services

locations all over town

what do you guys think....worth it?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Not bad. How do the vac and self washes work? are they all electronic or coin, b/c that' could get old.

I used to know the codes for a laser wash in town. Free washes for about 2 mos before too many people caught onto it... But damn, was surprised it still took 2 mos!

Never did like the touchless washes though... nice for a quick rinse, esp if you have decent wax and it's in the middle of summer. Worthless for wheels and getting grime off though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accualy they are coin op...but with this deal they give you an "activation key" that you put in and use it as long as you want......I assume(the length part...I know you get the key)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
$199 is a LOT of cash. How often do you wash?

I'd say I only spend about $5 on an average wash in quarters. That would mean I would need to go more than 40 times to break even. Some take longer, so maybe you'd only need to go 30 times, but still...

What do you have to lose? Well, say you go 10 times in a year... then you've given away over $100 for nothing

Say you go 40 times... you could have kept the money and paid as you went rather than giving it all in advance

Say you go 60 times and save a little money... Is it worth chancing that you might NOT go nearly every week?

I wouldn't do it!

If it were $100, I'd do it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
That's a really good deal, especially if you are an obsessive compulsive like me.

I spend about $6 almost each week on the self serve car wash.
For that deal I could give my car a quickie rinse a couple times a week, especially in the winter season when all kinds of snow melting chemicals are sprayed all over the roads.
The vac is also a plus too.

You could also pass your key to your friends in exchange for beers!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'd take it.

I use either a touchless or the coin op almost exclusively now. Not becasue I like to, but unfortunatley the storm drains dump directly in the lagoon behind my house ... the junk coming off the car is not good!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
$199 for the washes, then another 1-200 dollars to get the scratches out from the recycled water they use there. ;)

Depends on how much you actually use it to get the best out of your money.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Get a couple car friends together to chip in and it'd be worth it.

But what do i know.. I have a driveway and can do it at my house!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts