Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could name 1 thing you dont like about the your Passat what would it be?

Transmission

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Yep... the trans and the engine just don't seem like they are on the same page when it comes to throttle inputs.

Now that I have driven an auto I would agree>

My complaint would be the fact that I can no turn on all the interior lights at the same time, small I know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Now that I have driven an auto I would agree>

My complaint would be the fact that I can no turn on all the interior lights at the same time, small I know.
all my lights turn on with the sunroof console switch......:confused:

my complain would be the A/C system, smells and works when it wants to

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you guys are concerned with the 1-2 and 2-3 shift quality, there's an updated valve body and TCM software to correct this. The repair is for harsh shift feel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
?

If you guys are concerned with the 1-2 and 2-3 shift quality, there's an updated valve body and TCM software to correct this. The repair is for harsh shift feel.
is this a tsb/ free fix from vw or just more of an aftermarket fix that we can do and what is the cost

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
that i dont have one:(

i did have a 24 hour test drive one and can give a few complaints about it.
let me know if you'd like to hear em as i am not a B6 owner.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I dont like the way the turbo kicks in when you take off, if i'm taking a left turn it takes off slow and than it kicks in and my tracton light is on. Another thing i dont like is the way transmission is working, i drove my friends 99 5sp and i think it's awesome the way manual transmission is set up. Dont like the oil filter location also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Umm I thought it was ONE complaint?

My one complaint is that it uses too much gas. I find myself going for drives for no particular reason, except to drive. Hard on the gas budget and that's annoying. Well, more annoying to my wife actually... so maybe I'll call this her complaint and save mine for a future date.

Really can't think of anything worth complaining about

:rolleyes: kaNUK:rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
$2600 for the luxury package and still NO POWER SEATS!
my daughter's cheap ass pontiac grand prix has power seats, for cryin out loud!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 6spd manual so I can't complain about the transmission. I love it. The one thing I could complain about is a lack of light in the center console and lack of some kind of a mechanism in the change holder to make it open slow and smooth. It's just on a hinge, ready to fall off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts