Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using neuspeed sport springs made for the v6 model, how bad would 1.8T shocks fair on the same car? Would I be better off using my stock v6 shocks with the new springs? ( i already own the shocks, just tell me whats better)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sick, so shocks are the same? sweeeeettt! Because right now I have a set of 1.8T shocks, and ive already ordered the v6 springs....should be a winning combo. Shocks are made by FK btw.....not too commonly used around here

8,184 Posts
Well if you own the V6 get the right shocks:crazy: Your car is heavyer then the 1.8T is so you need a shock that can handle the weight. Next if you get the bilsteins you will void the warr of the shocks which is lifetime???? Buy the right shocks and it will last you the life of your car

·
Registered
119 Posts
B5V6 said:
struts are the same for 1.8T and V6. It is the springs that differ. You can get a set of bilsteins from the group buy forum for $364 to $378 depending on model year.
http://passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204119

Weird. Considering that the difference in weight between the V6 and 1.8T would be mostly over the front wheels. I would have thought different spring rates on the struts with the shocks being the same.

EDIT: I think I misread the post. The struts (dampening) are the same but the springs attached to the struts are different?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
struts are the same between the two. There are no V6 or 1.8T shocks/struts. There are passat shocks/struts.

Now there are different springs, but springs are not shocks

·
Registered
119 Posts
B5V6 said:
struts are the same between the two. There are no V6 or 1.8T shocks/struts. There are passat shocks/struts.

Now there are different springs, but springs are not shocks

Ok springs are different but the same strut (dampning). This is still strange as different spring rates are usually matched with different damping rates. T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts