Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my oil pan online from http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=storefront&s so a week goes by and then i recieved it today and it does seem to be right so i call the place and they said that it is right so i go outside to see if it is and it does look like the one on the car now :crazy: Here are so pic so you tell me if this is correct

Sorry about the quality took them with a webcam

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
ericpeterman said:
The bolt hole pattern looks right. The form of the pan is a little different. What's that wierd indent with the 3 protrusions into the pan?
I see what you mean...it looks like it might have a knockout and three bosses for mounting screws...veddy eenteresting!

·
Registered
732 Posts
My concern would be interference with with oil pump housing. It's right in that area. If it does fit, I'd mill that spot out, drill and tap the 3 screw bosses and make an removable plug with gasket seal. 8) That way a port would be available to a) clean the pan out and b) you could get a brush and solvent in there to clean out the oil pump intake screen. :thumbup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Compare the part #'s that looks like a MKIV 1.8T pan, which wont fit your pan, well i dont think it will.

I have a 99AEB and my pan cracked due to being stupidly low and smog tests on the dyno when i was canned. I tried to replace it with a mkiv oil pan because i got it for free, but it wasnt the same and it didnt bolt up.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.