Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 Passat 4cyl 2t. 117k miles. I changed the spark plugs and coils, recent oil change. My CEL is on. P0171 system too lean. When I try to floor it (like entering highway) I get a little jerks I usually have to gradually speed up and not floor so I won’t have that jerky feeling. I feel like it’s the MAF sensor of some sort. (I’m not a car genius) any help will be helpful.

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat 2.0T, 1994 E36 M3 3.0L, 2004 Silverado Z71 5.3L
113 Posts
MAF is a possibility, however, there are a few other possibilities. Fueling system related issues are possible cause as well. I could go into more detail but it'd be pointless until we have more information. Recommend finding someone local with a VAGCOM unit, or similar, via VWVortex VAGCOM locator and/or putting up a thread on that forums for help in your area. Lot's of VAGCOM owners everywhere willing to help out. Once you get access to a VAGCOM unit you can log data for fuel trims and for fuel rail pressure, etc. You can do live data logging while recreating the circumstances that the jerking occurs and place markers in the log around that time so you can go back later and see where the data looks fishy at the time the jerks occur. If you need specific guidance one how to do data logging and what to look for I can provide that later. This is a almost surefire way to figure out what is going on with the car as the chances are very high that it is one of those two things (either fuel/air trim issue or fuel supply issue).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts