Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you helpful folk!
I recently posted about saving an 07 wagon from the grasp of the crusher. So far I've had great luck slowly getting it back on the road. I have a few things left, like an exhaust, a lower control arm in the rear, the unlock button doesn't work on the fob, and a few other small problems. If you've got any insight to any of that, I'd gladly read it! But that's not why I'm here. My current brain tickler is this:
When I first got the car, there was a fault for a WSS, right rear. I think VCDS called that the G44. I bought a new one, and just replaced it. That cured the fault in the ABS block, so next I tried to tackle the steering fault which was incomplete configuration. I couldn't get it to accept the programming, all the research I did led me to checking the WSS's, and just like the forum said, I had an inconsistent reading with the new sensor. Thinking that because the car had been sitting, perhaps the plate it reads from was rusted, I took the brakes off the car and cleaned the back of the hub where it looked like the sensor read from. I noticed that there was a rubber in there that was stuck against the sensor, and when I tried to investigate further I pulled the rubber off. Fast forward, the hub is clean, but now there is no response at all from the sensor. Did that rubber serve a purpose? Can I buy just the rubber?
Also, I intend to search for it, but can anyone link to a how-to to replacing the rear hub assembly? It flummoxed me, but I didn't dedicate much time to it either because I didn't to.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did the rear wheel bearings on my 07 wagon -- is yours a 2.0T FWD, or the 3.6 AWD? The procedures are quite different, in that there's a drive axle in the way for the all-wheeler.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts