Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

07 3.6 dealer found faults P310B Low Fuel Presure and P030 Cat Eff any thoughts?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  echristie 
#1 ·
The dealer advised that I needed to replace fuel pump and module. Last year they replaced the fuel pressure sensor because of high idle when stopped, this did not fix the high idle issue. The car still runs and the CAT is a DEC only 3 months old. Any thoughts, car has 130K?
Thanks, Steve::D

#2 ·
The dealer replace the fuel pump, module, sensor and now I'm not getting the low fuel pressures faults. However I'm getting p0430 cat 2 effiency below threshold lower limit not reached. They advised that it could be my CAT? Should I start replacing the Oygen sensors for piece of mind? Any help would be most appreciated!

#3 ·
It has been my experience that a catalytic efficiency error is usually the second O2 sensor. Replace that first before the cat.

Also, since your car is a 2007, your cat isn't under warranty anymore. The EPA requires OEMs to warranty the cat for 8 years/80,000 miles. See the first question in this FAQ - Link. So, if the O2 replacement doesn't fix it, the cat replacement is on your dime.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.