Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New Passat owner here. I just leased an '06 Passat V6 FWD and it only has 1700 miles on her. I've taken it to the shop twice now. First time was for antifreeze smell and Airbag lite. Ended up needing a new coupler for the antifreeze smell and replaced a faulty crash sensor. Two days after getting the car back she throw a CEL and start draggin-ass like she running on only 5 cylinders. Just got the word from the mechanic that she needs a new coil pack. Not to bad, all this is covered under warranty, but I'm worried about what the future will bring.. I've owned a '96 Audi A4 which was uber finicky and needed work done on it all the time so I know what it's like to have car problems. Most of the work I'd do myself, cause I can. I leased this vehicle to avoid all that.. Anyone has some insight on what might lie ahead for this n00b Passat owner?

Much appreciate your input.

Thanks,
-Calvyn-

·
Registered
952 Posts
Did you dump the audi in hopes of the vw being the more reliable car? Tsk tsk.

I'd look forward to a little more of this since it's a first model year and they haven't worked all the kinks out yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'96 w/ 120,000 miles .vs. '06 w/ 1700 miles, yeah, I expected this car to be a wee more reliable than this.. Oh well at least their loaner cars are nice... Maybe after the car breaks in all will settle out.. LOL

-Calvyn-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts