Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have an 04 passat 1.8 wagon. Heavy rains last night and it made it in through a clogged sunroof vent. I believe the ccm is shot as the box was loaded with water. My interior lights, key fob, windows, rear latch and fuel cap release aren’t working. Obviously suspecting a bad ccm. Anyways, I pulled the part and see what appears to be a major part number up on top with several other varients below. Looking on ebay, I can find what appears to be that part number but with some of the lower numbers matching up. Dealer wants $523 for theirs. What do i need to know about finding a used one with all the numbers on these boxes? Any help is much appreciated.
Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Rim
Gadget Electronic component Font Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
The replacement part must have the same numbers (circled in red).

Automotive tire Piano Musical instrument accessory Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
If you have VCDS you can check the coding and change the coding to the required / desired settings yourself.
There might be other OBDII platforms out there that can do coding but I'm only savvy to VCDS.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
If you replace the CCM, you will also need to match it to your key fobs.

Re-match keys after CCM replacement:
All you need to do is place one key in the ignition whilst using
the other one to lock the car whilst pressing the lock button for about 5 seconds and then do this
with the unlock button also for 5 seconds and then repeat with the other key.

WATER INGRESS AND SOLUTIONS
It looks like you have a problem with the floor harnesses or grounds or the CCM, you can get this fault with or without water ingress.
Locate and fix source of water ingress.
I suggest you completely unwrap all of the CCM harness and pull the wires apart to find the splices, any corroded splices need
to be cut back, soldered, and covered with marine grade heat shrink tubing. (You might need to add short wires to replace what you cut out)
Also check ground connections (1 on floor and on "A" Pillar), and check CCM/TCM and "A" Pillar connectors.

Have a good look at this link, before you start. (Note: This is a UK car, the CCM is always on the LHS)

This thread attempts to bring together all the problems regarding water ingress and their solutions.
Water Ingress and Solutions

Rear Door Regulator Panel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. After receiving the used ccm- thanks so much Bigfun455, plugged it in and still same problem. No conveniences, interior lights, hatch and fuel tank release, sunroof, windows, etc.
I checked fuse 14 which seems to be common and it is in tact. What else at this point before i have to take it to dealer? Any help is appreciated as im pulling what’s left of my hair out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts