Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new variant 1.8t 4mo! :lol:
Noticed that there is no insulation under the hood, but that now there is insulation under the engine cover (and a new plastic vw emblem...guess they got a heads up on the blue ones falling off). Anyone else with the same experience?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Can you post a pic of the top and bottom of the upper engine cover? I'm sure the folks here would like to see it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Altair, I don't have a digital camera. But I am visiting family this weekend and they do, so I will send a pic home here and then post Sunday night.
It looks the exact same as the other engine covers except that there is about a half inch of black fabric insulation on the underside, and not the fuzzy stuff that you see under your entire hood, which is non-existent on my new car. The emblem is no longer blue and silver, which was an aluminum vw plate with blue enamel, and which was fastened with glue that either couldn't handle the heat or cold. The new one is gray and silver, but seems to be plastic.

Also noticed I don't have lights for my vents...probably a connector that wasn't hooked up. I'm recalling someone with a 4mo that didn't have the ESP connector hooked up. I had problems with connectors on the driver's side rear door on my '02 variant; had to have them replaced. Not exactly looking forward to dealer getting into my dash for the vent lights. anyways, unless someone else posts, I'll give a shot at pics on Sunday. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear - It was a mid MY change on the 03's. All GL and GLS trims do not have the vent lights. I have an early 03 so I do have them in mine but later versions do not - they are not even wired for it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Does this mean that they have them in the GLX?
I guess everything is ok then otherwise :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
tazmo
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing