Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just seems like a long trip to get up there, must have gone up body next to windshield.
If for a winter or a while the door was used but not the motor, that would be the warm spot until the battery died

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've heard that mice can get through a crack that's an 1/8". Supposedly their skeletons are flexible to get through extremely thin crevices. Not saying as fact, but I've seen some pretty unbelievable things when I lived in the country.
If its skull fits, the rest of it can go through.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Kidding. Mouse, Rat, don’t like any of them.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
For sure a mouse. It left you a nuggets of poop for you lol

Yes they can get into places much smaller then one thinks. So long as their head fits the rest of their body will. They can not collapse their skulls but are very good at getting into the tiniest of places.

They can also reek havoc on older automotive wiring as the insulation was soy based so it was a tasty treat.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes they can. When I purchased my Camry from a friend they had chewed wire harness behind engine.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This one would sit outside October to May because my buddy is a snow bird, told him that mice would move in but he didn’t listen. But two summers ago he came up and it had all kinds of issues, some things didn’t work, many engine codes, and transmission in limp mode, so he sold it to me cheap so it was good for me. Went after knock sensor code first, pulled intake off, and there was my nest, wires completely chewed off knock sensor and all those opens. Rather than buy $1200 wire harness and all the work, I hung upside down under hood and pieced out and soldered, good as new. Rust free FL car that sits in my garage all winter. That’s why I need to keep my new winter beater (Passat) running. And “chief” I always have sidearm.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts