Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Now that you say ARP bolts, those I have seen to be triple square, even for the 06A block.

View attachment 102045
Yes, the bolts i got are triple squared.

I think I'm a little too curious, last night I spent some time researching manual swaps. The only thing about that would be the wiring and coding aspect of it. I plan to purchase Maestro 7 software, so I'd have the programming software, but I'm not sure I'd like even the minimal bit of wiring I'd have to tackle. I really hate digging into factory wiring harnesses, tho it looks like I'll have to resolve the ecu power issue. I've already ordered the parts for the automatic, so I'll stick with it, but I probably would've pursued it a bit earlier. I'll be fine with an automatic if I can set it up to shift similar to a dsg, meaning the torque converter is locked in every gear with the possible exception of 1st. If I understand correctly, that's how they are supposed to drive anyhow. Anyone know for sure? Mine was messed up when I got it so I never knew what it was actually supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I'm not trying to spend your money for you, but as long as you got the engine and trans out of the car now would be the time to do a swap. It's really not that hard. A number of members have done it. I would certainly do it.

Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility because you took my suggestion and spend more $$ than originally planned. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm not trying to spend your money for you, but as long as you got the engine and trans out of the car now would be the time to do a swap. It's really not that hard. A number of members have done it. I would certainly do it.

Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility because you took my suggestion and spend more $$ than originally planned. ;)
😃😃 ya i know...... I do like a well programmed automatic or dual clutch, and I love manuals, but I already have the parts and I think for me and how ill drive, I'll likely enjoy an automatic more at this point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes mine are triple squared.

Does anyone know what the closest piston to valve number is? I'm considering milling the block a touch more than needed just square it in an effort to bump compression a hair. Lazy as I am though, I don't feel like disassembling and reassembling the head and timing to find out.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey guys, its been a couple weeks since I posted here. I've got the engine torn down and off at the machine shop getting honed, balanced, decked etc. In the meantime, anyone know of any oem style guages I could use? Mostly after boost and afr. Also, I might use a aftermarket electronic boost controller. Anyone have experience with making that work with the factory ecu? Planning to tune with Maestro 7, but not positive if it has the capability to delete the n75 valve. Any thoughts or suggestions of better places to look?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,950 Posts
Reactions: ko4passat
41 - 48 of 48 Posts