Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

03 V6 automatic ABS light

3K views 62 replies 8 participants last post by  cchief22 
#1 ·
I just joined this sight now, hoping to figure out my ABS issue, if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Have read several threads on this issue but not sure what to do next. I had this 03 4motion given to me so thought I would get it on road and get it to pass inspection. I just finished changing all fluids, gear boxes, transmission, engine, now trying to clear ABS light. I have an inexpensive VW scan tool that has worked good for my Jetta so that’s what I’m using. The scan tool gave me code for left front wheel sensor so I removed old one and took ohm meter to it and it showed open. I purchased a new one and replaced but still getting same code. What’s strange is the light will come on when I start car, if I turn off and restart it will clear. After doing all the fluid changes it returned when I started car for test drive. I checked with scan tool and got same LF code. Cleared code and drove around neighborhood (it’s not registered yet) and it stayed off for the half hour I was driving but I’m sure it will return just like before. Other than ABS module, any ideas? Thank you

#57 ·
The wagon and sedan are the same as long as the drive type is (FWD/4Mo). Not sure why the sensor shows the correct speed and still gives a code. I would also guess it's the module, but have no proof.

#61 ·
Got module out, not fun. Seems like odd ball compared to other ones I have seen. No plug on bottom, looks like power comes in from inside. Will post a picture in case someone has one kicking around, hope it’s the problem.

#62 ·
Don’t think I ever told resolution to my month long ABS issue. I finally decided to change ABS module, found exact same one in junk yard. Installed unit and it didn’t work so I had to purchase VDSL lite and figure out how to code the unit because it was blank. So today I finally registered the car and drove around and still no ABS codes have returned. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you to everyone for all the help, best thing I ever did was join this forum, had no idea there was so much help out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.