Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have a 01 passat V6 2.8, I recently replaced the pump body in the transmission and now I have lost reverse. Before replacing the pump body it was leaking tranny fluid and going into limp mode. I have also replaced the TCM and the valve body still no reverse. What is strange is if the car is running and in neutral the wheels do not move but if i turn of the car neutral will move freely. I did verify using the Vag-com the car registers all the correct gears and matches the gears the car displays. Any help.would be appreciated the car has the 5hp-19 model EKD. Also anyone know if i do need to swap the Tranny can i use another model like the FAS as long as i use the correct TCM? I cant find a EKD locally thats not over a thousand dollars and dont want to put that kind of money in this.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
It could be an internal mechanical problem (for instance the one-way Sprag clutch). If the electrical connector to the transmission solenoids is disconnected, it should still shift from Reverse to 4th. Some BMWs in particular had reverse trouble with the 5HP19, for due to a mechanical failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts