5.5 Wagon has gotta go - good interior (seats), wheels & rear doors (OC, CA)

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Iowegian
  • 1 Post By samOC
  • 1 Post By Ray
  • 1 Post By Newli327

Thread: 5.5 Wagon has gotta go - good interior (seats), wheels & rear doors (OC, CA)

Neutral

5.5 Wagon has gotta go - good interior (seats), wheels & rear doors (OC, CA)

Had an unfortunate accident this afternoon and won't be repairing my 5.5 wagon. Front end damage. Anyone have advice on disposal. Sad day for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    R.I.P.assat

2nd Gear
    Take it to a junk yard now or if you have the time, put up an ad on CL for parts. Sell whatever you can for the next month or so then trailer the remains to the junkyard. The difference in price between the shell and the crashed car won't be much so anything you can sell first is money in your pocket. That assumes you have the time, tools, knowledge and space to part the car out first. Whether the effort is worth the money is up to you.

Sorry to hear about the accident.
    axenstar likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Thanks, I am pulling some parts tonight, and the wrecker comes tomorrow for the rest. Sad, sad day. Starting my search for another one now. 120k, too young.
    John_E likes this.

Ray
    2nd Gear
    Came across this one...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8020991801958/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    axenstar likes this.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you seem okay, though. Cars are replaceable to a point, but people aren't.

What color is the interior? I'm on the hunt for a gray rear seat in decent or better shape. PM me if you have anything.
    John_E likes this.

5th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Newli327 View Post
    ... Cars are replaceable to a point ...
    I am glad you added "to a point," because I cannot think of anything new or used that can adequately replace a B5/5.5 Passat wagon, which is simply the best-sized, best-configured, best-visiblity, most-versatile car ever offered for sale anywhere. I usually drive the B5 A4 sedan and my wife usually drives the Passat, but I drove it last night, and it is basically my A4, but with adequate rear seat legroom and cargo space -- absolute home run product. It is no wonder the Passat is the most popular wagon in Europe, and I am still royally pi$$ed that we can't get a Eurospec Passat wagon stateside.

Neutral
    umm, how much front end damage? how is your right headlight?

Quote Originally Posted by John_E View Post
    I am glad you added "to a point," because I cannot think of anything new or used that can adequately replace a B5/5.5 Passat wagon, which is simply the best-sized, best-configured, best-visiblity, most-versatile car ever offered for sale anywhere. I usually drive the B5 A4 sedan and my wife usually drives the Passat, but I drove it last night, and it is basically my A4, but with adequate rear seat legroom and cargo space -- absolute home run product. It is no wonder the Passat is the most popular wagon in Europe, and I am still royally pi$$ed that we can't get a Eurospec Passat wagon stateside.
    The newly redesigned A4 and A6 are both beautiful wagons. I would sooner buy a Skoda Superb wagon versus a Passat wagon. The Skoda even has a larger interior volume.

Neutral
    @Newli32 the interior seems more black than gray to me, and it is already gone - the fabric was pretty loose on the rear bench

@ar393 both headlights are unusable, basically everything in front of the firewall was compromised. I am very fortunate not to have injuries.

Ray
    2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by ar393 View Post
    umm, how much front end damage? how is your right headlight?
    Don't mean to hijack thread but I may have 2 headlights if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by samOC View Post
    I am very fortunate not to have injuries.
    As an EMT/FF (and human), that is the most important part.

15. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information