Monson power amp turn on connection

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Neutral

Question Monson power amp turn on connection

I recently bought a Passat 04 wagon with after market stereo that sounded pretty bad.. The OEM had the Monsoon, because I have the power amp in the rear side compartment.
    I bought a used Kenwood. I already had the Interface (PAC model C2R-VW2) from the old stereo.. I pulled up the C2R-VW2 manual from the web, and they state to hook up the power amp turn from the Head unit to the blue wire on the interface. I only have a blue and white wire on C2R-VW2. I followed the blue/white wire to the pin that goes into car harness. It did not connected to anything. Maybe thats why only the front bottom speakers only worked. The power amp was not by-passed. Does anybody know what wire is for turning on the power amp? I looked on the web and in these forms with no luck.

Thanks Eric
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

The turn on is mentioned is from the head unit to interface, not interface to the amp. The Monsoon does not have a turn on wire. If the amp is not on, you would have no sound at all.
    Glutton for Punishment: 16 A4 S-line Sport pkg Prem+, 04 Passat 1.8T GLS Variant Manual swapped, 2017 Q5 Prem+

Does anybody know what wire is for turning on the power amp?
    The left-front channel input. There isn't a 'turn-on lead' - it's signal-sensing.

Assuming that the speakers are still wired to the amp (not to the head unit).... dead tweeters are a possibility, as is broken wiring (typically in the area of the flexy conduit from door to body.)

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in