Need ABS control module

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Need ABS control module

Yep. Happened to me... ABS module is shot, but when I removed it my wife threw away the module. So, I can't pay to have it sent off and fixed.

It's a 2004 AWM FWD with M/T and ESP.

4B0614517G and 0265225124 are the numbers on the hydraulic unit.

I'll have to call VW and give them my VIN# so I can get the part number for the module if anyone needs it.

Otherwise, anyone have one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
    The part at stealership cost you around $1600. It's better to send it off to a repair shop. They charge $100 and the module will work again for a long time. Search the forum and you'll find a few of the repairman who are handy in fixing the ABS module.

Maybe I should've clarified more.

I don't need the hydraulic unit... Just the module ($640 vs $1600).

I also don't have the module because my wife threw it away (as stated in original post)

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

I replaced my AEB module with a junk yard one for about $30. Works well. I am not sure if you can do that with AWM .
    I would try junkyards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd Gear
    I know that CHEAP Bosch 5.3 ABS REPAIR VW Passat Audi A4 A6 A8 S4 (cheapabs.com) also sells refurbished modules. That might be your easiest route. Anything from a junkyard stands a good chance of needing repair, anyway.

The other difficulty is figuring out exactly which module you need. The ABS modules differ, in coding at least, depending on whether your car is FWD or 4Motion and manual verses Tiptronic. The standard advice would be to get the exact part number off the old module, but, I know... my wife "cleans up" for me, too. There's nothing for it, and for heavens sake don't rub it in! Cheap ABS can probably identify the correct module for you.

P.S.: Cheap ABS is not a big shop, it's a side job/labor of love. Send an email, wait a day or two. But their work is first class, repair turnaround quick.

P.P.S.: see the "Vehicles Repaired" pages on cheapabs.com. They list many of the ABS modules with the corresponding pump's part numbers--that's still on your car!
    Last edited by FrescoGreen01.5; 03-24-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Added PS & PPS

That’s what I did. Matched the part numbers and model years.
    If it is defective you can always return it and exchange for another one.
    It’s a $30 solution and worked just fine for me.
    OP, keep the removed unit dust free and in a bag or something till you install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd Gear
    I have an extra one that has been certified to be good by the repair guys (I think it was CheapABS). It is off a 2002 AWM tiptronic 1.8t wagon. If that works for you PM me for details.

I just re-read your post. Mine is off a tiptronic and I don't know about the ESP or whatever. I'll look for part numbers in the next day or two.

5th Gear
    I have a spare you could send in for the standard $100ish resoldering job.

Make sure you get the right model and part number, however. There are several variants.

TPW
    Neutral
    I have an extra control module for that exact pump from a 2004 Passat. It was working when I removed it. You may need a VAG Com To match it to your vehicle. $40 shipped to IN. If you're interested, send a PM
    Last edited by TPW; 04-02-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Neutral
    If you have the VCDS tool and had done a full scan when the module was still working, then I think you should have the exact module part # that you need. I went through the VW Catalog (ETKA) yesterday and there seem to be a lot of different modules out there. I am worried that the junkyard module I installed is not perfect for the 2000 Passat. I will probably have the original module, if it even is the original one, repaired. Now the coding on the JY module is identical to the original 0021 but the part number is missing a letter or two at the end. IIRC researching the JY module part # seems to indicate that it is for an Audi A4.

3rd Gear
    At least you can still drive the care without it. You won't have ABS though. As mentioned. Check with Cheap ABS and put a bag over the exposed pump to keep it clean.

14. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information