Arteon delayed

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Thread: Arteon delayed

Moderator Extraordinaire

Arteon delayed

Read today that the Arteon release is delayed in the US due to backlogs for Euro emissions testing. It's effecting many Euro marques.
    Original Club B5 member: 16 Golf R. Missing my 99 B5 & 08 R32

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Lefties have rights, too!
    I can't understand why VW is bringing this car to the US now since sedans are selling so poorly.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Parish View Post
    I can't understand why VW is bringing this car to the US now since sedans are selling so poorly.
    Whatever their reasoning, I'm glad some manufacturers are still committed to the car and not just SUVs and trucks exclusively. In any case, the major manufacturers each still sell many hundreds of thousands of cars every year, so there must still be some worthwhile profits in the segment, declining sales or not.

Also, VW doesn't really fit the profile of a mainstream manufacturer in the U.S., and I think more VW customers drive cars than the typical manufacturer's customer would -- call it the 'enthusiast factor.'

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I'm a sedan guy whether SUVs are the current hot ticket or not. I'm guessing that a good 90% of people that own SUVs/Crossovers don't really need them, it's just a fad that will settle down once gas prices bottom out and start to climb again. This happened before, too.

2nd Gear
    I don't understand why VW is keeping so many people in the dark as to when it is finally going to be released. I really hope they put the car builder on the vw website soon.

Moderator Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey319 View Post
    I don't understand why VW is keeping so many people in the dark as to when it is finally going to be released. I really hope they put the car builder on the vw website soon.
    That's VWoA for you.
    Original Club B5 member: 16 Golf R. Missing my 99 B5 & 08 R32

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Urlik View Post
    That's VWoA for you.
    it's so annoying. I feel like the dealers are lying. I think they know things but aren't telling us. There is no way that they have absolutely no information on them. I work for Audi and we have information sometimes a month or so in advance.

2nd Gear
    i do not know how true this is, but my friend has a friend that is a technician at a dealer and he said that the Arteon couldn't pass emissions and will not be in the US.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey319 View Post
    i do not know how true this is, but my friend has a friend that is a technician at a dealer and he said that the Arteon couldn't pass emissions and will not be in the US.
    Your friend's source for this information is? I think he's getting the delay caused by the Euro emissions issues mixed up with reality...

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by maxeymum View Post
    Your friend's source for this information is? I think he's getting the delay caused by the Euro emissions issues mixed up with reality...
    He is friend's with a technician that works for Volkswagen. I think he is confused with the delay as well. That's why I said I don't know how true it is.

13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information