Pics of my ride - Page 10

  1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

    Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!
     
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 610
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pics of my ride

  1. #271
    for your entertainment...
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by pondjol View Post


    You, captain, are fantastic as always...
    x2

  2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #272
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    THX guys

    BTW



    30.000 clicks (swank, that i am )

  4. #273
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    So you did mod/get a new cluster then. That's my next mod, I still have not received it yet in the mail though, when I get it, I'll post up pics. Could be a while though because it's coming in from Europe.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #274
    for your entertainment...
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreek2002 View Post
    So you did mod/get a new cluster then. That's my next mod, I still have not received it yet in the mail though, when I get it, I'll post up pics. Could be a while though because it's coming in from Europe.
    Like my FUNK button.

  7. #275
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycanuck View Post
    Like my FUNK button.
    Yeap, if I had known I had to get it custom made, I would have ordered it a long time ago.

  8. #276
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycanuck View Post
    Like my FUNK button.


    Me:


    Me and the part-twerp:





    Same combo (i´m not the green one)





    The hope dies at last

  9. #277
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    OK, I just met up with my buddy and got my air bag mod. I took a picture of it for this thread but I haven't had a chance yet to put it on the airbag. I will sometime today, hopefully.

    The ".:R" logo is a lot more chromie in person. The pic really makes it look bad, but in person, it looks amazing!

    I have a MK4 .:R32 steering wheel and I have new cluster gauge faces coming in from Bulgaria with .:R logos on it as well, this mod makes it all come together and I think it looks more complete with it, so that's why I got it.


  10. #278
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreek2002 View Post

    ...and I have new cluster gauge faces .... with .:R logos on it as well, this mod makes it all come together and I think it looks more complete with it, so that's why I got it.


    Sticker looks good

    About the cluster mod.
    Do you have paranormal abilities?
    Mind reading?

    I have this in progress too (with a little difference)

  11. #279
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by captainfantastic View Post
    Sticker looks good

    About the cluster mod.
    Do you have paranormal abilities?
    Mind reading?

    I have this in progress too (with a little difference)
    Thanks!

    And no I don't, but that's a big coincidence that were both working on the same mod at the same time without planning it all out, lol.

  12. #280
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Mod completed!


  13. #281
    2nd Gear
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scarborough, Maine
    Age
    27
    Posts
    913
    looks fresh

  14. #282
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreek2002 View Post
    Mod completed!


  15. #283
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Sirs

    As you know i polished my door snap-arms (made of stainless-steel).
    Because i wasn´t satisfied with it´s look, i gave a set away for chrome plating.





    This is , how it looks installed:





    f.l.t.r:
    OEM, Polished, Chrome plated:





    Because the hatch insert, wasn´t matching to the door panels, i decided to let it cover with black nappa-leather.

    The result:




    THX for looking

  16. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by captainfantastic View Post
    John
    Thx
    I´m overwhelmed
    King of modding is a little bit overstated
    Michael,

    An Updated commentary from me is in order:

    I've stated: At the very least you live up to your appellation: CaptainFantastic!

    Updated with supplement: The Modest King of Modding

    So CaptainFantastic: The Modest King of Modding

    BTW: We other MORTALS could never pull off-------- even a fraction-------- of what you have demonstrated:
    1)We all have a full time job plus; and if we have a wife especially in North America they'd SQUAWK about the time AND the money you've expended So after Round ONE few left!
    2)Most of us on PW get SMACKED (out of left field) with Maintenance or Reliability ISSUES that preclude (KILL) further modding. And those who are real auto guys like Bullit62; VAGGuy; ScottsPassat2.8.... apparently expend all of their auto thought process to maintenance versus that of modding. Moreover most all of us have reviving MIGRAINES with PW posts (driveability issues; CEL#s etc, etc.) So who's really left after Round Two!
    3) So with the above, most of us find......... that is......... those of us who
    may be left remaining to overcome #1 and #2.... are few and far between.... AND
    4) We need SOME SLEEP Everyone has gotten knocked out (TKO'd) except CaptainFantastic The Modest King of Modders
    5) 99.9% of us HAVE the above four constraints

    So Michael:

    PLS share with us HOW you are able to do what no one else apparently comes even close in terms of being CaptainFantastic: The Modest King of Modders.

    I got to believe I'm not the only one that harbors this train of logic

    As always thanks Michael for sharing your stage with us.
    Anson

  17. #285
    1st Gear
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GLXWag6stk View Post
    Michael,

    An Updated commentary from me is in order:

    I've stated: At the very least you live up to your appellation: CaptainFantastic!

    Updated with supplement: The Modest King of Modding

    So CaptainFantastic: The Modest King of Modding

    BTW: We other MORTALS could never pull off-------- even a fraction-------- of what you have demonstrated:
    1)We all have a full time job plus; and if we have a wife especially in North America they'd SQUAWK about the time AND the money you've expended So after Round ONE few left!
    2)Most of us on PW get SMACKED (out of left field) with Maintenance or Reliability ISSUES that preclude (KILL) further modding. And those who are real auto guys like Bullit62; VAGGuy; ScottsPassat2.8.... apparently expend all of their auto thought process to maintenance versus that of modding. Moreover most all of us have reviving MIGRAINES with PW posts (driveability issues; CEL#s etc, etc.) So who's really left after Round Two!
    3) So with the above, most of us find......... that is......... those of us who
    may be left remaining to overcome #1 and #2.... are few and far between.... AND
    4) We need SOME SLEEP Everyone has gotten knocked out (TKO'd) except CaptainFantastic The Modest King of Modders
    5) 99.9% of us HAVE the above four constraints

    So Michael:

    PLS share with us HOW you are able to do what no one else apparently comes even close in terms of being CaptainFantastic: The Modest King of Modders.

    I got to believe I'm not the only one that harbors this train of logic

    As always thanks Michael for sharing your stage with us.
    Anson
    Look at all those Smileys! ^^^
    Hmm I have no issues when it comes to modding the car. But, im 17 years old and on summer break. I overcome 1-5 by working on my car till 1am, working everyday of summer, putting every bit of money to my car, and sleep in.

    but how do you do it all....

  18. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,116

    SORRY: But would like your input on accessing back of Hazard Wiring

    While I'm here Michael,

    I'm in truly the LAST phase of installing the Skoda Center Vent. Sides DONE.

    My "dilemna" is how to access the rear of the Hazard Light Switch wiring so
    that I can connect to the Skoda! The only way I see that being done given
    the cramped quarters is to remove Glove box: correct?

    Tks Michael and SORRY!
    Anson

    PS: You could PM with response and I'll EDIT (remove this post!)

  19. #287
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418


    Hi Anson.
    I´ll post it here. Maybe somebody needs this information too

    AFAIK the OEM harness is long enough to pull it up to the vents, Because i have installed the covenience blinking modul (with additional wiring), i had enough wire-lenght and no probs with it.
    FYI:
    You have to unplug the wires from the original housing and to plug them into the new socket:

    https://www.passatworld.com/forums/sh...&postcount=125


    BTW:
    MY wife is the mother of all squawking

  20. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by captainfantastic View Post


    Hi Anson.
    I´ll post it here. Maybe somebody needs this information too

    AFAIK the OEM harness is long enough to pull it up to the vents, Because i have installed the covenience blinking modul (with additional wiring), i had enough wire-lenght and no probs with it.
    FYI:
    You have to unplug the wires from the original housing and to plug them into the new socket:

    https://www.passatworld.com/forums/sh...&postcount=125


    BTW:
    MY wife is the mother of all squawking
    Thanks Michael,

    I started this thread (see my last post a few hrs ago):
    Skoda Center Vent: How access rear of Hazard Light Switch - Passat World Forums

    OK so now you've added more description:

    CaptainFantastic the Modest King of Henpecked Modders

    Altho I drove thru all of the Romance Road to Bavaria as well as worked
    with German women I never sensed they would be like women in America
    (bit hes)! I was under the impression it's always: "Thou Will OBEY"!

    BTW I hope I don't put you in a difficult spot with that long post ABOVE:
    You could humour us MORE!

    Out of curiousity: What is the divorce rate in Germany?
    Last edited by 02GLXWag6stk; 08-16-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: last line:div.rate in Germany

  21. #289
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Just picked it up from my local post office Captain! Can't wait to put them in the car!




  22. #290
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Looks nice.
    And AFAIK the divorce ratio in Germany is on 38%.
    Didn´t know that divorcing is possible.
    I always thought i could trade my wife for a washing machine and 300 gls. gasoil

  23. #291
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by captainfantastic View Post
    Looks nice.
    Thanks!

  24. #292
    for your entertainment...
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by captainfantastic View Post
    Looks nice.
    And AFAIK the divorce ratio in Germany is on 38%.
    Didn´t know that divorcing is possible.
    I always thought i could trade my wife for a washing machine and 300 gls. gasoil
    If only it was that easy... sounds like a fair trade.

  25. #293
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    woodridge il
    Posts
    19
    wow real nice!

  26. #294
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    95
    Love your effort: ) sweet ride

  27. #295
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Sir MOD completed! I had to re-use the needles because I could not get the one's I had to work properly. Ah well, I'm just happy everything works!


  28. #296
    6th Gear pablitormDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Gburg, MD USA
    Posts
    8,505
    Looks great!!! Very nice .:R theme!!! Is the .:R on the steering wheel a sticker? And where did you find the .:R cluster?, so NICE

  29. #297
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Thanks a lot! Yes the air bag .:R logo is a sticker, a buddy of mine in town made it for me.

    I got my cluster gauge faces custom made from Bulgaria.

    Here's a link to the ordering site, takes up to 3 weeks to ship to ya:

    http://xtuners.com/forum/viewforum.p...7c3e8f4e637386

  30. #298
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Looking good.
    I´m not that far with my cluster. Still waiting for an offer..........

  31. #299
    murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    '99 1.8T - Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,170
    Thanks.

  32. #300
    4th Gear captainfantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cradle of Engineerin
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,418
    Sirs

    Nothing spectacular here.
    My instrument cluster bezel will be made end of this month

    On flea-bay i found those alloy bezels:









    The one at the drivers-side was needed to be bend in radial direction for a perfect fitment.


    Thanks to our member HKB5variant i´m the proud owner of the one and only CC-style window switch cu, eurowide











    THX for looking

  33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2