Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

POTM for June, 2010 - VAGguy (Dan)

16K views 66 replies 52 participants last post by  nes90z32 
#1 ·
This month's POTM is a different example of how to get an entry on our esteemed wall of prime examples of Teutonic iron. Sometimes it isn't how incredible your car is (not that this entry isn't schweet!); sometimes its also a matter of how much you do for the community. Dan is always helpful, and his advice is usually right on the mark.

Dan, enjoy your moment in the sun! Ladies and Gents, I give you the POTM for June, 2010!

I never would have thought to be nominated for this, yet alone be selected. It it truly an honor to be selected for POTM. Passatworld is a place like no other. Pretty much one big (sometimes dysfunctional) family. Some call it the ultimate resource for anything Passat related. I call it my home.
I've always kind of wandered around in my car buying past. Started with a couple of Ford cars, then some Saturns, then some Jeeps, a Mazda...Got to that point in life where I wanted to have something upscale and nice but not pretentious. We had just bought an 04 A4 for the wife in April 06 because she's always wanted one. I had my eye open to German cars now and was always scanning the lot since our first visit to the dealer.
Fast forward about a month. After falling in love with her car, I decided that we needed some utlity. We traded in her Grand Cherokee for the A4 and needed some cargo room. I found this.

2004 B5.5 1.8T Variant GLS Tip Blue Silver on Gray Leather with only 17K miles. Dealer serviced.
I found passatworld while properly researching all of the good/bad things of ownership prior to my purchase. After I took delivery of the Passat, it was all over. Started with a badgeless grille, S2000 antenna, Euroswitch, and a set of TSW wheels after the first year. Then came the Chip, APR 93. Slowly doing upgrades. Next was an Avic Z2, Neuspeed sports with Koni Yellows, rear fog conversion. Then came personally refurbished 17" A6 RCs. After a year, I couldn't take it any longer on my backroad commute so I raised it back up and kept the Koni's on there. Then swapped them for my Wife's A4 sports. I had to carefully plan everything around my commute and the fact that I would be doing most of the kid hauling (2 kids). Nothing too wild, but everything has it's purpose. All DOT legal because I do a lot of driving. I put 20-25K a year on it. Almost none of that is highway. On to the goodies.

With everything going on, I didn't have time to wash her. :( This is her currently

Mod list:
Engine:

APR 93 chip
Forge 007 Diverter

Suspension:
Koni Yellow and stock springs

ICE:
Avic Z2
RF Punch 4080 amp
RF P1 10" sub
MBquart reference front doors

Wheels:
17x7.5" A4 Sport 5-spoke
17 x7.5" BBC RC from the A6 (occasionally)

Exterior:
S2000 Antenna
Badgeless FK grille
35% tint
German badge (for my heritage)

Interior:
NSP boost gauge and column pod
Euroswitch

It's my daily. It's my grocery getter, kid hauler, and home depot runner. It isn't the prettiest Passat out there, but it's my baby. Neither I or the car would be what we are today without PW. I want to thank whoever nominated me for this as there are many more deserving specimens. I always thought it would be cool to have the POTM, but never thought it would happen. Heh, and it's my birthday this month. Couldn't think of a better gift. Thanks to everybody on this fine forum for making it what it is.

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumbup::thumbup::bowdown::bowdown:Congrats Dan!!!! You really deserve it, you are not only one of the PW guru's, but you always are able to help when needed, a PW amigo. Thanks again for all your help and Good on ya!!!!!!!!

PS- Can't wait for the D's Mid-Atlantic GTG in the spring of 2011!!

#14 ·
LOL!

I totally thought you'd actually gotten lowered more, based upon your text last night. Congrats Dan!! You definitely deserve to join the ranks!
I only wish I could get low again. When this no longer is my daily, that may happen.

Thanks everybody for the kind words. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.