Urlik's Banning is Ridiculous!
  1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Rogue Assassin

Urlik's Banning is Ridiculous!

Enough is enough!

I don't know what the hell is happening with the administration of this place, but it seems like the asylum is being run by a few wacko inmates who've taken over.

I've been reading Urlik's contributions to this site since he joined, and while we've had plenty of vehement political disagreements over the years, he's never been anything other than decent and reasonable. I can't imagine that he could have done anything to deserve getting banned, and frankly, based upon the attitudes of a few of the newest moderators, if anyone should get banned, it's them!

If you guys (the admins and mods) can't get your collective acts together and figure out a way to play nice with each other, how the hell can you expect the membership to do the same?

Steve has been a loose cannon and if I had to guess, I'd say he probably goaded Urlik into a fight. Just look at his posts today. Is that the sort of moderating we can expect? Wiping out post after post because you don't like what someone has to say?

Apparently this place is going all to hell. Maybe it's time to replace everyone with folks who won't treat us with utter condescending disrepect.

Gee, let me guess... Now Steve or Jay or Thanasi's going to ban me, too...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Overdrive
    Urlik to right wing for the left wing moderates maybe??

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplezr2 View Post
    Some of the higher-ups need to evaluate who they give Mod status to. 20vv is a joke. Left-wing nut job. I will be the first to say he should be GONE!

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Grinding Gears...gone fishing! ScottPassat2.8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofholywrath View Post
    Some of the higher-ups need to evaluate who they give Mod status to. 20vv is a joke. Left-wing nut job. I will be the first to say he should be GONE!
    once his med's start to balance back out, he will be fine
    they were behind his couch...i had to help him find them

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplezr2 View Post
    That and probably a refusal to bow down to the bossman and his minion. Urlik has never been anything but respectful on this site. Even when he disagrees with people he does it in a way that I can honestly say that I haven't learned.

I wouldn't want him to be gone, but I don't think he should be a mod.

Founder
    You know Jamie, I could have very easily banned you, but screw it. I'll let your word go out to the masses and let them chime in and make up their own minds. You've been a PIA for a long time, but I think with this thread, you've taken it over the top.

4th Gear

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzMat View Post
    Enough is enough!

I don't know what the hell is happening with the administration of this place, but it seems like the asylum is being run by a few wacko inmates who've taken over.

I've been reading Urlik's contributions to this site since he joined, and while we've had plenty of vehement political disagreements over the years, he's never been anything other than decent and reasonable. I can't imagine that he could have done anything to deserve getting banned, and frankly, based upon the attitudes of a few of the newest moderators, if anyone should get banned, it's them!

If you guys (the admins and mods) can't get your collective acts together and figure out a way to play nice with each other, how the hell can you expect the membership to do the same?

Steve has been a loose cannon and if I had to guess, I'd say he probably goaded Urlik into a fight. Just look at his posts today. Is that the sort of moderating we can expect? Wiping out post after post because you don't like what someone has to say?

Apparently this place is going all to hell. Maybe it's time to replace everyone with folks who won't treat us with utter condescending disrepect.

Gee, let me guess... Now Steve or Jay or Thanasi's going to ban me, too...
    Finally, voice of reason from an old timer ^^, well put JazzMat . I just now noticed the selectively removed posting ... wow ... rather immature & petty from the mods . Doesn't look like this new crop of mods can handle constructive criticism very well. Urlik deserve much more than this, always 2 sides of the coin, hope he comes back, I would like to hear his side.

What is up with 20vv thug's like attitude resorting that EASY ban stick every time instead of countering intelligently to criticism. At this rate, Sal for mod next?

Add me to the ban list if they decide to ban JazzMat, this place is heading to 'Tex town.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by vuvision View Post
    Finally, voice of reason from an old timer ^^, well put JazzMat . I just now noticed the selectively removed posting ... wow ... rather immature & petty from the mods . Doesn't look like this new crop of mods can handle constructive criticism very well.

What is up with 20vv thug's like attitude resorting that EASY ban stick every time instead of countering intelligently to criticism.

Add me to the ban list if they decide to ban JazzMat, this place is heading to 'Tex town.
    That was pretty low to remove postings...

Banned
    why do you people are getting in mods/admin business. too many drama queens here. If thanasi chose them to b mods is cus he knows what they are about that should be enough for us PERIOD! let them solve it.

1st Gear
    they made it our busuness

Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
    why do you people are getting in mods/admin business. too many drama queens here. If thanasi chose them to b mods is cus he knows what they are about that should be enough for us PERIOD! let them solve it.
    good piece.
    wash women by the carload

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by scottpassat2.8 View Post
    good piece.
    wash women by the carload
    Is someone going native? Joe, say it ain't so!

Salty Moderation Stylez
    he is part of the DNC, and therefore FL and MI's posts do not count

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by The GREEK View Post
    You know Jamie, I could have very easily banned you, but screw it. I'll let your word go out to the masses and let them chime in and make up their own minds. You've been a PIA for a long time, but I think with this thread, you've taken it over the top.
    Greek, I'm afraid that JazzMat is spot on in this case, and have you read some of 20vv's condescending reponses members? Just a thought from a concerning long time member.

20vvillian
    You know since this being made public, lets go. first off i got lot of Im's from people who saw this coming. I posted it up to let people in general know a mod would be missing. I didnt say anything out of line or do anything outside my abilities. You that know me i'm shocked at the things your saying. you all talk about abuse of power, some of you need to talk about Jealousy.

I'm not going into detail, nor am i going to sit here and take it and If you IM me talking slick its going to be forwarded to superior so be warned. you have something to say. Say it right here.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vvillian View Post
    You know since this being made public, lets go. first off i got lot of Im's from people who saw this coming. I posted it up to let people in general know a mod would be missing. I didnt say anything out of line or do anything outside my abilities. You that know me i'm shocked at the things your saying. you all talk about abuse of power, some of you need to talk about Jealousy.

I'm not going into detail, nor am i going to sit here and take it and If you IM me talking slick its going to be forwarded to superior so be warned. you have something to say. Say it right here.
    I have said what I want to say but I thought you would appreciate my PM's. I feel I should not talk behind your back so I PM'd you. Suck it up...you are a mod, not a censor.

Banned
    And ur a noob and no1 is bitching. so stop attacking steve he s a real cool person and always there to help. seriously this is nonsense

1st Gear
    Bans are random around these ways, some get away with things and some don't.....and some get caught up in the middle. I've been here since 98 and even been banned myself. Also let's not act like there hasn't been some pressure towards Steve since he became a mod! I've noticed that myself, maybe I should rephrase pressure to jealousy.

Steve is a known member around our East coast community, knowing him personally I'm sure Urlik earned it. Not only that, I've also seen Urlik reach Sciteach status on # of occasions before...

Regardless of what happened I'm sure Urlik will be back, so you guys can have him back and enjoy him. Or maybe Sharky is just wearing off on you guys little too much.

sorry Shark, had to throw a gay joke in there. I love you man!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1st Gear
    keep talking like that and i can deff see u be gone before anyone else............
    I bet i will...they can say rude things to us, but if we say anything to them, publicly or privately, we will be banned.

Salty Moderation Stylez
    I have said what I want to say but I thought you would appreciate my PM's. I feel I should not talk behind your back so I PM'd you.
    I have seen them, they were interesting...

Suck it up...you are a mod, not a censor.
    Suck it up. You are a subordinate.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty D View Post
    I have seen them, they were interesting...

Suck it up. You are a subordinate.
    Im glad you read them...now you can see im doing the right thing here. My opinion will be herd, then censored. That is what I expect from power hungry mods.

Founder of the STFA
    One of my removed posts in the sticky thread was "Ban stubby antennas". Go figure.

Salty Moderation Stylez
    Im glad you read them...now you can see im doing the right thing here. My opinion will be herd, then censored. That is what I expect from power hungry mods.
    simmer down there.....

Banned
    i dont think is fair from ppl to be calling them power hungry they have been workng for FREE to make this better for all of us. no more spam ads, and garbge around. STOP WHINING AND BE GLAD. i think many members here are a little jelous they didnt get chosen to be mods and are hating on the ones that did.

Founder of the STFA
    first off i got lot of Im's from people who saw this coming. I posted it up to let people in general know a mod would be missing.
    As I posted in another thread, the word BANNED under Urlik's name on his posts and profile would be a pretty good hint to everyone that he is not with us for now.

you all talk about abuse of power, some of you need to talk about Jealousy.
    You seriously think people are jealous of you because you were made a Moderator?

i dont think is fair from ppl to be calling them power hungry they have been workng for FREE to make this better for all of us. no more spam ads, and garbge around. STOP WHINING AND BE GLAD. i think many members here are a little jelous they didnt get chosen to be mods and are hating on the ones that did.
    y arnt you on AIM?

20vvillian
    thanks for the support guys, when it happens to them they'll understand.

And i'm not rude, i give what i get. and for the record mods are censors.

1st Gear
    I understand im new here and have to due my time to get respect around here. Im not deserving of the title of mod. nor do I expect to be called one. I just would like to see some who are not hypocrites.

anybody have some cheese for the whine?

33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information