Sayin Hi from Lake Tahoe - just got a w8!

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Sayin Hi from Lake Tahoe - just got a w8!

Hi everyone, nice to meet you, my name is Peter. I am typically an audi guy but have been searching for a W8 for years! Yes I knew what I was getting myself into. Finally found a single owner with a good exterior (8), interior(6) and price (1K). It is also a 6MT W8 w/194K engine and clutch replaced at 30K, owner informed they were all freeway miles and was open about the other issues mentioned below

So being one of 329 in this configuration and I plan to keep it for many years!

AC is broken (G65 and F129) according to vcds some broken flaps n such also..
    Cam Code P0025 "Drivers Exhaust solenoid" - shock treatment did not work, all other 3 actuated fine.
    Vehicle Speed Sensor - replaced and fixed
    Front left wheel speed sensor "I have the EPS/ABS dash lights intermitally"

I have NO IDEA where to buy the new solenoid. I am prepared to drop the subframe and fix as it appears not too bad of a job but I cant even find the PN for it, I see it is removable with two torx screws but this is where I am at a loss.

Also, I dont know where the G65 pressure switch is located. I have a newswitch ready to go in. Searched the internet everywhere, not too much info on this car...

Side that the car is beautiful and a joy to drive. Need to figure out the P0025 before I put any more miles on it

Last edited by LakeTahoeQuattro; 06-24-2019 at 09:02 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

So I guess a good question haha, who are the W8 gurus around here?

Neutral
    Hi, from Ireland. I have the same ac switch faulty on vcds. still haven't got round to fixing mine. Welcome to the forum I guess

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Hi Peter, nice to meet you too. Nice cool pic guys.

Neutral
    Hello and welcome. Nice ride.

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information