hello passat world

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

hello passat world

I'm an only owner of a 2002 Passat 4-motion V6. Very low mileage, 68,900 or so. She's been the only car I've owned that has made many trips to the dealership for issues. Several yrs ago the dealership closed and a new one was built up the road. Had timing belt done and valve cover gaskets replaced at the new dealership. Had a great mechanic who loved working on vw's and got to speak with him. He said if I was ever going to sell the car call him first. He has since left that dealership and moved but we keep his number on hand. The dealership will not work on her anymore, to old they say. Brought her to a Audi dealership and they were more than happy to do some work on her, radiator flush if I remember correctly. Got a loaner car for the day, that was fun. My husband does some work on her as needed and I've been on this site to diagnose from time to time. This is my first post so... I hope I did it correctly. First forum, ever....

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    welcome to passat world

3rd Gear
    you will be able to get a lot of help on this forum especially in the B5 section, main thing in regards to your car is age rather than mileage , main thing I recommend if not already addressed is the sunroof drains and the battery tray area under protective valence panel , on a mechanical level they are a "2" in difficulty, a "1" being changing a tire. The drains and their failure over the years do to detritus cause water in the computer modules under the driver and passenger footwells.......welcome!! and feel free to ask questions ,really helpful and non-judgemental members

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information